Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to find shutter count on mamiya 645 afd ii?  (Read 2855 times)

kimberlygill

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
how to find shutter count on mamiya 645 afd ii?
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:39:53 pm »

Hi there everyone,

I'm interested in buying a used mamiya 645 and ii but the current owner cannot tell me the shutter count. I believe this is rather important information to know before spending the money- though, I can't tell him how to do it and the 3 links I sent him for how to read shutter counts on DSLRs were not useful, apparently. Can someone help me? Thank you so much in advance!

Best,
Kimberly
Logged

TonyW

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 656
Re: how to find shutter count on mamiya 645 afd ii?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:55:27 pm »

Does this camea actually have a digital back or is it a film back?

If it is a film camera you are out of luck as you cannot read shutter actuation's.

If it has a digital back the shutter count will relate to the back only not taking into account any film shots.  By shooting a JPEG with the camera you can get shutter actuation's by uploading to one of several sites such as:
https://www.camerashuttercount.com/
Logged

kimberlygill

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
Re: how to find shutter count on mamiya 645 afd ii?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 11:55:22 am »

Excellent- thank you! The camera has a film back and digital back. I didn't realize the photo had to be in jpeg format to upload to a site like that- I will give it another try. Thanks again!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up