Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multi-image print jobs - some images missing while others are printing ok  (Read 765 times)

msongs

• Hawaii Loves Art

This seems to only happen from Corel X5. I don't print much from other programs like PS to know if this would happen then.

Using the Canon 8300 printer.

See the attached pic to explain best.  So I print a job with multiple images but some images do not print. the text and graphics associated with the image print, just not the jpg/tif of the actual image. (a) From one attached image you will see the 4 white boxes on the left that should have flower pics in them. You can see the black line boxes that go around the images are printed just fine however. (b) image 2 you can see the black box with the X in I drew where there is supposed to be an image that did not print.

In corel object manager it show the images are included as files in the job. In print preview pane it shows all the images.

suggestions how to fix?
Msongs
hawaiilovesart.com
batik, digital design, panorama photography

hugowolf

Re: multi-image print jobs - some images missing while others are printing ok
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 10:34:39 am »

It is most often a memory (insufficient free) and/or spooling problem. I would try rebooting and closing down any unnecessary programs before trying to print.

When you say the print preview pane shows all the images, are you talking about the non-color managed preview generated by the operating system that appears in a window after you have hit the print button (triggered by checking a box in the printing app), or a preview pane within the Corel program?

Brian A

msongs

• Hawaii Loves Art
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:39 am »

viewing the print images. I can see all the images on the corel design screen. they are all logged on object manager box that shows every element on the page (images, text, rulers etc.) when I hit print the print preview comes up that shows the little color box showing whether it all fits on the page and whether there are any issues etc.
Msongs
hawaiilovesart.com
batik, digital design, panorama photography

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 03:58:00 am »

viewing the print images. I can see all the images on the corel design screen. they are all logged on object manager box that shows every element on the page (images, text, rulers etc.) when I hit print the print preview comes up that shows the little color box showing whether it all fits on the page and whether there are any issues etc.

Years ago that I used Corel for something but are all the images in that design RGB images and not CMYK, alos flat so no layers, apha channels, etc that could make a differenceand? The printer driver the normal Canon OEM one that is most likely only handling RGB images? While it is not making your color more reliable you could export an RGB Tiff from Corel and see whether the images are all there and then import it again to print it. If that again fails it is something with memory and less likely an incompatibility with the driver.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: [1]   Go Up