Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Walk in the Park with Katrin Eismann  (Read 4454 times)

Kevin Gallagher

A Walk in the Park with Katrin Eismann
« on: February 25, 2016, 08:04:22 am »

Good video Kev, I had the pleasure of speaking with Katrin a couple of times at Photo Plus in NYC and found her to be a very gracious lady and one heck of source of information. All of my rather modest retouching skills were learned from her Photoshop book(s) on restoration and retouching!

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

stamper

Re: A Walk in the Park with Katrin Eismann
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 08:18:40 am »

Was this recently? There doesn't seem to be much about her on the internet in recent years. I have her books from a few years ago and they are impressive.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:40:37 am by stamper »

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 04:16:46 pm »

Enjoyed that one, thanks.

aross007

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 12:24:22 am »

Enjoyed the video, but Kevin - go back and look at it again, and focus on the amount of time you talked, and the amount of time she talked.  It's always interesting to hear your ideas and stories, but when you go to interview one of the masters (and I would include Katrin in that category) please concentrate on asking questions so we can hear their opinions, rather than providing your opinions and asking if they agree.

Just some hopefully helpful criticism,
Alan

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 04:34:12 am »

There doesn't seem to be much about her on the internet in recent years.

She has a facebook page.... I have the impression she is kicking back and enjoying life :)

stamper

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 05:00:10 am »

She has a facebook page.... I have the impression she is kicking back and enjoying life :)

Thanks.

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 09:43:58 am »

Hi Stamper, sorry for the late reply, it was a few years back that I spoke with her at PPE. Time flies once you get past 60  :))
 I've not been in a few years but I had very good luck in meeting and being able to speak with quite a few luminaries including the perceived irascible Mr. Schewe who was actually very friendly and has one hell of a handshake!!

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 05:49:45 pm »

Saw the video just now - she's an honest person in my opinion, and I liked the non-committal way she answered the deadly 'can you teach someone how to see' thing.

On the 'style' question, she did go right to the obvious point: it's the totality of you, once you have some totality to show. It's not about five minutes in any classrooom. Why does this seem so hard for so many to grasp, that they keep on asking the obvious over and over again, hoping for somebody to give a free ticket to some magical formula?

Rob C

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 06:30:16 pm »

Wonderful work Kevin. I enjoy listening to the experts.

zomg

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 05:48:01 am »

I have to agree with aross007 here, an "interview" like this should be a 20%/80% split where 20% is the interviewer asking and 80% is the interviewee answering. Instead it's literally the opposite here — Kevin talks, and talks, and talks, and the majority of Katrin's "answers" are "yep", "right", "sure" etc.. Of course there's nothing wrong with Kevin talking in general, it's just not what one would expect from a video like this.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 10:45:40 am »

Thanks for the feedback.  Sometimes my enthusiasm gets ahead of me.  The Katrin video was a talk not so much an interview. There are a number of videos coming up in the coming weeks.  Hopefully you'll see those differently. We are trying a lot of new things and we all learn more as we go.  I want to thank Katrin for her part in the video.  She is an amazing person and a super photographer. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

jed best

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 11:59:20 am »

GREAT VIDEO!. I have taken many courses with Katrin. She is both an amazing person and awesome instructor. Well done!
Pages: [1]   Go Up