Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax K1 Full frame 36mp $1799  (Read 9996 times)

Guillermo Luijk

• http://www.guillermoluijk.com
Re: Pentax K1 Full frame 36mp $1799
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 11:46:19 am »

The oddity with the "swivel" screen is a bit puzzling, as it won't allow the full range of motion of a true tilt-swivel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6bVqtb5SdI&feature=youtu.be

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 01:09:26 pm »

I've got a bunch of old and new K mount glass so I'll get one of these when I can. Price looks great and I love the Pentax ergonomics with plenty of physical buttons. I have some Leitz R glass I can change the mount to K on pretty easily so I'll probably use that with it too. P645 lenses can be adapted and there's rumors of a more advanced adapter in the works. So I could use some of the nice 645 lenses I own too.

Depending on lens needs and how much you mind using legacy glass, there really are lots of options. Just not some of the ones mentioned but if they sell a lot of these bodies I bet third party makers would come back. Of course you shouldn't buy the body in hopes of that but it could increase the options in the future if you are already invested in the system like I am.

For night shooting the body illumination sounds great and I would definitely use that as well as the GPS although I already have the accessory GPS to put on my K-3. Having it always present in the body could come in handy.

The weather sealing is great and that is a feature I often rely on with my existing gear. There are a handful of nice sealed lenses available and more on the way so for the right photographer it should be great. I'm in that niche and although it's not a big one I know I'm not alone either.
-MattB

skierd

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 12:37:00 pm »

There are worse lenses to be "stuck" with than the Pentax limiteds (31, 43, and 77), the DFA 100 macro is excellent, the 70-200 is reported to be excellent as well, and the DA* primes are full-frame compatible. I don't think there's been bad reviews of the 2 rebadged Tamron lenses either (15-30 and 24-70 2.8s, but now with Pentax coatings and WR).

Who needs plenty of options when the options we have are good to great and not overly expensive?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up