Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jenoptik Eyelike Precision CD-ROM  (Read 1989 times)

Zhorton

Jenoptik Eyelike Precision CD-ROM
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:20:51 pm »

Does anyone own an Eyelike Precision, and still have their original CD-ROM?

I have a Jenoptik Eyelike Precision (M22) sitting around that I'd love to get working, but its software refuses to initialize the back without the CD-ROM associated with this particular back.  I have obtained the correct files for my serial number (from Sinar, who own the Jenoptik assets), but the software requires this in CD-ROM form.  I think it should be possible to burn these files onto a CD-ROM.  The problem is, I need to know the exact directory structure of the CD-ROM, including the disc's volume name.

I know that others in the past have had similar problems, and this information has never been posted.  So, if anyone has an Eyelike CD-ROM, and is willing to dig it up and report its volume name and directory structure, it would be really helpful!

Thanks,
Zach

Christoph B.

Re: Jenoptik Eyelike Precision CD-ROM
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 05:33:05 am »

I think Sinar bought the Jenoptik-Eyelike division, you might want to contact Sinar - I'm sure they'll be able to help you

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:04:13 am »

I had the same issues when I bought my M11 many years ago. Jenoptik/Sinar were very helpful, and sent me detailed instructions along with the zip file that I had to burn to CD. I may still have the instructions/emails somewhere. I'll search and let you know in a day or two.

Kumar

Kumar

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 07:53:05 pm »

Zach,

I checked my mails, and this was the reply from Hans-Peter Ochsner at Sinar at that time:

"The files have to be burned on a CD. The files have to be on the CD in a folder called ccd.dat."

I had replied saying that I had done it, and the back was working properly. I had used the Mac's native CD burning program to burn the CD. Please let me know if you want the instruction manual. I hope this helps.

Kumar

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:56:08 pm by Kumar »

Zhorton

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 04:32:42 pm »

Kumar, thanks for the info!  I've tried that in the past, with no luck: the software doesn't seem to recognize the CD.  However, I used a second PC to write the disc.  Perhaps I need to use the Mac itself?  Who knows with this Jenoptik voodoo!  Were those really the only instructions?  Somehow I thought the disc's volume label would be important.  If anyone has a working disc, I'd still be interested in its exact details.  Thanks for the help!

C+B, Sinar has indeed tried to be helpful, but at this point, they don't have anyone with direct experience with the Jenoptik equipment, and are just as baffled as me when it comes to trying to get this to work.  All they can do is provide the files.

Cheers,
Zach

Kumar

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 09:08:48 pm »

Even back then, there were only a couple of people who knew anything about the Eyelike models.
Burn the CD with the Mac. I can't locate the zip file that I downloaded from Sinar, but I think the files had to be unzipped, put into a folder called ccd.dat and then burned to CD. Maybe try a few different ways of doing this? You'll waste a few CDs, that's all.

Best,
Kumar
Pages: [1]   Go Up