Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: custom printer profile service  (Read 3081 times)

mstevensphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 448
    • Denver Commercial Photographer
custom printer profile service
« on: February 12, 2016, 12:21:23 pm »

hey folks,
    I'm deciding that I actually like the Simply Elegant Canvses after a few test rolls. It seems they could use some profiling and none are available. Do you have a favorite print profile service that you'd recommend? I'd like to make this one of my main media choices but I don't have/want a print profiler so I need to send out for the service.
Mark
Logged

hugowolf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1001
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »

hey folks,
    I'm deciding that I actually like the Simply Elegant Canvses after a few test rolls. It seems they could use some profiling and none are available. Do you have a favorite print profile service that you'd recommend? I'd like to make this one of my main media choices but I don't have/want a print profiler so I need to send out for the service.
Mark

You could always try the place where you bought the canvas, iTSupplies. They do custom profiles.
https://www.itsupplies.com/Profile-Service-Custom-Made-ICC-Profiles-for-Inkjet-Printers-PROFILES

Don't they supply a profile for the product already?

Brian A
Logged

mstevensphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 448
    • Denver Commercial Photographer
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 04:18:45 pm »

didn't even know itsupplies did that. no, they don't have a custom profile for the simply elegant canvas. I spend hundreds of dollars a month with them, what's a few more :)
Logged

I.T. Supplies

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 529
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 01:23:13 pm »

We don't have ICC profiles for the Simply Elegant line due to so many printers available and we don't have access to them all to create them.  We recommend the closest printer profile that we tested the media with directly for best output.  If the printer setting doesn't print to the users liking, we offer the custom profile option.  Any custom profile for Simply Elegant or InkJet Art products will be created an NO charge since they are out house brand products.

Hope this helps answer your question.
IT Supplies
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 01:33:20 pm »

We recommend the closest printer profile that we tested the media with directly for best output.
You're kidding right?
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Roscolo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 733
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 08:10:51 pm »

We recommend the closest printer profile that we tested the media with directly for best output.
IT Supplies

This does not inspire confidence.

Logged

rdonson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3263
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 11:27:26 am »

It seems silly that no one has recommended Andrew for creating a custom profile

http://digitaldog.net/services.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:34:54 pm by rdonson »
Logged
Regards,
Ron

mstevensphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 448
    • Denver Commercial Photographer
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 01:42:25 pm »

You're kidding right?

in fairness, I use my BC Lyve profile with the simply elegant matte canvas with pretty good results....I would, however like an actual profile for my 8400 and the media.
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 01:54:10 pm »

in fairness, I use my BC Lyve profile with the simply elegant matte canvas with pretty good results....
That doesn't tell us what results you'd get with the right profile....
Not all profiles are created equally even when built for the paper and printer itself! Case in point:


Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

I.T. Supplies

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 529
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 06:30:09 pm »

What is the problem with getting the best recommended setting for media?  If someone does extensive testing to find the best printer profile which works and many customers like that output, there is nothing wrong with it.  Yes, you can surely acquire a custom profile or the manufacturer profile, but it's per user preference.

Check out Photo-tex Group which does the same thing for their product-
http://www.phototexgroup.com/profiling/

*Again, we CAN create a custom profile on the Simply Elegant media at no charge.*
I apologize for the confusion.

Atlex.com
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: custom printer profile service
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 07:07:03 pm »

*Again, we CAN create a custom profile on the Simply Elegant media at no charge.*
And that's the way to go.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up