Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crop tool does not work in C1 Pro 9 (Sony)  (Read 5346 times)

- et -

Crop tool does not work in C1 Pro 9 (Sony)
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:21:27 pm »

As the title says, in C1 Pro 9 (Sony), the crop tool does not work.  I get the arrows that should allow me to edit the image, but when I drag the cursor, nothing visible happens.  I have tried it with the crop unconstrained, with a 4x5 crop, a 2x3 crop, a 1x1 crop, and the Original aspect ratio.  Behavior is identical in all cases - nothing happens.

FWIW, the operating system is Windows 7.

- Tom -

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Crop tool does not work in C1 Pro 9 (Sony)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 11:15:59 pm »

As the title says, in C1 Pro 9 (Sony), the crop tool does not work.  I get the arrows that should allow me to edit the image, but when I drag the cursor, nothing visible happens.  I have tried it with the crop unconstrained, with a 4x5 crop, a 2x3 crop, a 1x1 crop, and the Original aspect ratio.  Behavior is identical in all cases - nothing happens.

FWIW, the operating system is Windows 7.

- Tom -

Likely you're trying to edit a file that you aren't allowed to.

For instance you are activated as Capture One DB instead of Capture One Pro and are trying to edit an SLR file.

Otherwise I'd suggest opening a support case at phaseone.com or contacting the Phase One dealer you purchased C1 from for further support.

David Good

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 03:18:24 am »

It sounds like you are not activating the crop tool. Once the crop ratio is set click the crop icon then drag in your image.
Dave

- et -

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 01:22:45 am »

Likely you're trying to edit a file that you aren't allowed to.

For instance you are activated as Capture One DB instead of Capture One Pro and are trying to edit an SLR file.

Otherwise I'd suggest opening a support case at phaseone.com or contacting the Phase One dealer you purchased C1 from for further support.

I doubt that this is the case, since I can perform some other editing functions, such as exposure, etc. without a problem.

In addition, when I start the program, the splash screen says "Capture One Pro 9 (for Sony)".

FWIW, now that I have played with the program a little more, I see that some other functions on the top center toolbar, such as the loupe tool, do not work either.

I am starting to wonder if I have a flawed install.  When I have an evening to devote to the issue, I may try an uninstall, new download, and new installation.

If I do end up seeking supplier support, I will need to file a support case with C1, as I purchased directly from C1 over the web because of an upgrade e-mail from them.

- Tom -

- et -

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 01:27:59 am »

It sounds like you are not activating the crop tool. Once the crop ratio is set click the crop icon then drag in your image.
Dave
Sorry david.  Thanks for the suggestion, but your description is exactly how I do it - and my approach to cropping worked without a problem in C1 Pro 8.

As I said in another reply immediately above, I now see that I also have other problems, and am starting to suspect a faulty installation.

- Tom -

- et -

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 02:19:59 pm »

Still no joy.

I thought that i might have a bad download, so I uninstalled C1 Pro 9S, deleted the original installation file, did a fresh download, and performed a new installation.  The crop tool still does not work, the loupe tool does not work, and a few other things seem to be non-functional as well.

An additional problem is that C1 Pro 8S worked before I upgraded to C1 Pro 9S, but now it refuses to open the sessions it had generated.  It gives me the message that it cannot read the file format, but when I try to open a session in C1 Pro 9S, I get the message that  the file needs to be upgraded to the C1 Pro 9 format.

I suspect that there is something very obvious that I am missing, but I am still scratching my head attempting to figure it out.  I am starting to wonder if I have to completely uninstall C1 Pro 8s to be able to use C1 Pro 9S, even though I originally installed C1 Pro 9S via the upgrade process from C1 Pro 8S.

- Tom -

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 02:35:42 pm »

Still no joy.

I thought that i might have a bad download, so I uninstalled C1 Pro 9S, deleted the original installation file, did a fresh download, and performed a new installation.  The crop tool still does not work, the loupe tool does not work, and a few other things seem to be non-functional as well.

An additional problem is that C1 Pro 8S worked before I upgraded to C1 Pro 9S, but now it refuses to open the sessions it had generated.  It gives me the message that it cannot read the file format, but when I try to open a session in C1 Pro 9S, I get the message that  the file needs to be upgraded to the C1 Pro 9 format.

I suspect that there is something very obvious that I am missing, but I am still scratching my head attempting to figure it out.  I am starting to wonder if I have to completely uninstall C1 Pro 8s to be able to use C1 Pro 9S, even though I originally installed C1 Pro 9S via the upgrade process from C1 Pro 8S.

- Tom -

Have you made a support case?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

- et -

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 04:46:52 pm »

Have you made a support case?

Not yet.  I keep telling myself that there is something I am doing wrong (or did wrong during the install).  I don't want to distract them from "real" problems, so I have been searching for similar issues on the web in an attempt to solve it myself.  If I continue to have no success, I will probably send a note to C1 Support this weekend.

- Tom -

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 04:44:45 am »

Not yet.  I keep telling myself that there is something I am doing wrong (or did wrong during the install).  I don't want to distract them from "real" problems, so I have been searching for similar issues on the web in an attempt to solve it myself.  If I continue to have no success, I will probably send a note to C1 Support this weekend.

- Tom -

Tom, you are perfectly entitled to support, so use it!

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

sankos

• Why matters
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 03:12:29 pm »

Tom, you are perfectly entitled to support, so use it!
Yes, but don't be surprised if after discussing an issue the support case gets deleted without any warning and without solving the issue... David, can you tell me what to do about it? I haven't noted down the RMA no. and don't have any screenshots to prove that I did indeed lodge the case. I invested quite a lot of time in providing links and raw files and then it all got deleted. I feel let down...

mgrayson

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 05:10:46 pm »

I want to support the idea of using support. It *isn't* easy, and you have to persevere - it can take a few tries to convince them that there really *is* a problem and that you tried the obvious things first - but it pays off. You *will* get someone to look at your problem and either give you a workaround or admit that it's a bug and it will get fixed next release (or two).

Good luck,

Matt

JimDK

• Capture One - Made by Phase One
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 10:43:49 am »

Hi

Could it be the image has a lens profile and you are trying to crop inside the already cropped image? If that's the case try holding shift when drawing a crop on a crop...
Software Product Manager - Phase One A/S

Erick Boileau

• http://
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 01:16:23 pm »

Same problem with captureone 8.3 , crop impossible ... for a supposed pro tool !
screen shots here http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=108888.msg897701#msg897701
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:15:45 am by Erick Boileau »
Pages: [1]   Go Up