Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Submitting photos to juried art fairs  (Read 1771 times)

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
Submitting photos to juried art fairs
« on: February 03, 2016, 06:05:13 pm »

I’ve made a last minute decision to apply to some juried art fairs. They all require submission of photos through zapplication.org. I have a question about the photos required for the application process that I have been unable to answer after going through Zapp’s help files and tutorials. They have no means for submitting questions and so I am hoping that someone here can give me an answer.

Art fairs include many categories, with photography, of course, being the category I am submitting for.  Should the photographs I upload to Zapp be my actual photographs (adhering to Zapp’s pixel requirements, etc.), or should they be photographs of the actual product I want to display and offer for sale – meaning I would submit photographs of some of my framed photographs?

The latter wouldn’t have occurred to me except that Zapp’s instructions are all geared towards other media, and how to hire photographers to photograph paintings, ceramics, jewelry, etc., for submission. One photo I submit must be of my booth so obviously that one would be a photo of a grouping of my framed photographs. But the others?

This should be an easy answer for someone... thank you.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Submitting photos to juried art fairs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:03:35 pm »

...Should the photographs I upload to Zapp be my actual photographs...

Yes.

The booth shot, however, would demonstrate your actual product - framed photographs.

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 07:16:01 pm »

Thank you!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 08:44:19 pm »

I do not know if you are aware of the site devoted to art fairs:

http://www.artfairinsiders.com

where you can get additional help as a first-timer. You might want to check Larry Berman in particular, as he has a lot of useful info how to prepare the booth shot:

http://www.artfairinsiders.com/profiles/blogs/how-to-photograph-your-booth-the-full-article

P.S. Some nice photography on your website
Pages: [1]   Go Up