Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 9.0.3 error when processing a file  (Read 18210 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
C1 9.0.3 error when processing a file
« on: January 27, 2016, 07:46:01 pm »

Is anyone else on windows getting this error, see screen shot below? 

Basically you get the error screen telling you the file did not process, which causes you to close the error dialog box and press process again, most times it works the 2nd time around. 

Only started getting this with 9.0.3, earlier versions of 9 did not cause this, and there is no telling when the error will happen, you might process 1 file and see it or 20 or 100 but it eventually happens. Happens on any camera file I use, Nikon Canon, Fuji or Phase.

Windows, Win 7 64 bit, 32GB ram, C1 9.03

Thanks
Paul C

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: C1 9.0.3 error when processing a file
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:03:06 am »

Yeah I often get this on the first RAW file conversion of the session after starting up C1P.  If I click on Process a second time it works OK.  I am wondering if there is some background process or something still going on for a while after C1P starts that has to complete before it can do the RAW conversion.  It has ocurred on all versions of 9.0 so far for me but much more frequently with 9.0.3.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 10:06:16 am »

Is anyone else on windows getting this error, see screen shot below? 

Basically you get the error screen telling you the file did not process, which causes you to close the error dialog box and press process again, most times it works the 2nd time around. 

Only started getting this with 9.0.3, earlier versions of 9 did not cause this, and there is no telling when the error will happen, you might process 1 file and see it or 20 or 100 but it eventually happens. Happens on any camera file I use, Nikon Canon, Fuji or Phase.

Windows, Win 7 64 bit, 32GB ram, C1 9.03

Thanks
Paul C

Hi Paul,

Yes I occasionally get that as well, usually with the first file of a batch. With similar hardware & OS. I haven't reported it as a support case yet, should have. I'll also try to make a screen grab the next time for reporting to support.

The more reports they get about a certain error, the higher the priority they will assign to fixing it.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 11:26:09 am »

Thanks to both of you, it's been driving me crazy since 9.0.3.  I agree it's almost always the first time you hit process during a session job, if not 1st then 2nd time, and hitting process again sends the file through fine.

Still liking the results from this version very much, especially in shadows with Phase files, so just another annoyance to put up with.

I will also get a case opened with Phase.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

sebbe

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 11:50:20 am »

Had it two times since, but as I only have to click once more, it doesn't bother me yet.

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 03:45:28 pm »

It is a bit unnerving the first time it happens... :)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 06:02:24 pm »

This issue had calmed down, but today I had over 20 instances of this.  One file just would not process until I changed the receipe from 16 to 8, processed that, then went back to 16 bit and finally got the file through.  Before that I had closed C1 and reopened, but the file still would not process.

Strange, as I have not ever seen this type of error before.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 06:46:51 pm »

This issue had calmed down, but today I had over 20 instances of this.  One file just would not process until I changed the receipe from 16 to 8, processed that, then went back to 16 bit and finally got the file through.  Before that I had closed C1 and reopened, but the file still would not process.

Strange, as I have not ever seen this type of error before.

Paul
Same thing happened to me yesterday!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 07:33:20 am »

For those, like me, who experience(d) similar events, do report it and raise a support case. If hardly anybody makes a support case, it will remain a low low priority issue on their To-Do list.

Cheers,
Bart

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 08:48:52 am »

For those, like me, who experience(d) similar events, do report it and raise a support case. If hardly anybody makes a support case, it will remain a low low priority issue on their To-Do list.

Cheers,
Bart
You are of course correct but it is hard to conceive that they don't already know this since it happens to virtually everybody and on both platforms. 

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 09:13:31 am »

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Bart.

I have opened a case. Would like to hear from David Grover on this.

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 09:17:58 am »

You are of course correct but it is hard to conceive that they don't already know this since it happens to virtually everybody and on both platforms.

Perhaps/presumably they know about it, but how can they prioritize it if they receive relatively few reports they need to answer or escalate to the development team, and perhaps more requests for DNG file support. Cold hard numbers of support requests do help. The answer to my latest (minor) bug report (for which they didn't have a direct solution), with a screen capture to illustrate, was: "Thank you for this feedback. I will forward it to R&D."

Cheers,
Bart

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 09:21:03 am »

Hi Bart.

I have opened a case. Would like to hear from David Grover on this.

Hi Paul,

Thanks, it will help everybody, and who knows what other issues are related to it that can therefore be tackled at the same time. I'm not sure it's David's job, but maybe he is kind enough to respond anyway.

Cheers,
Bart

sjprg

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 07:54:32 pm »

I have some CR2 raw files from the 5DS R that corrupt also with 903. They still open fine and process ok with PS, LR, DXO, Fast Picture Viewer.

Windows 10. 32GB 2400MHz. Samsung 1TB 840 Pro.
Paul

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 03:29:08 pm »

Update, I did open a ticket with P1 on this, net, they added it to a bug fix list, not sure when they plan to fix.

Dear Phase One, this issue is a very big concern, as you no longer can process a string of images, as inherently one or more will error out as per my first post, so you have to write down the image numbers that got the error and go back and reprocess.

I am seeing this on all my windows machines now, and it seems to get worse over time, clearing out all presets and recipes fixes it briefly, but then it starts over again.

Today on 50 processed files I had the issue on over 30 files, some of which just refused to process unless I re-started C1. 

In all previous versions that I have used back to 3.7.8, I have never seen such a bug before. 

Problem happens no matter where the raw files are located i.e. NAS raid, external drive, internal raid, Drobo, internal hard drive. 

Gets a bit tedious after a few hours.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 06:16:54 pm »

Just wanted to bring this to the top of the que again. With 9.1 this same issue is still there.  In fact it appears to me to be worse. 

Curious if other Windows users are still seeing this problem.  I would say on my 2 win7 64 bit machines it's about a 50/50 hit rate, and when an images errors, many times it takes 3 to 4 additional attempts to get the file to process. 

Batch is out for now as this really screws up a large number of files being processed. 

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

mediumcool

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 11:05:05 am »

… since it happens to virtually everybody and on both platforms.

Never experienced it on OSX.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 11:49:52 am »

Just wanted to bring this to the top of the que again. With 9.1 this same issue is still there.  In fact it appears to me to be worse. 

Curious if other Windows users are still seeing this problem.

Hi Paul,

I experienced it twice with 9.1, so not as frequently as you. When the Graphics driver is updated, I sometimes need to switch Display acceleration Off. I have not tried also switching processing acceleration Off, since it happens so infrequently (with almost daily processing). Maybe it's related, and explains why with different (graphics)hardware we experience such different frequencies.

Cheers,
Bart

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 12:18:22 pm »

Hi Paul,

I experienced it twice with 9.1, so not as frequently as you. When the Graphics driver is updated, I sometimes need to switch Display acceleration Off. I have not tried also switching processing acceleration Off, since it happens so infrequently (with almost daily processing). Maybe it's related, and explains why with different (graphics)hardware we experience such different frequencies.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Bart,

I have 2 PC's that run most of the work for my studio.  One is a 3.4Gz i7, 2.5 year old Asus board and new 4GB Nvida 960x Video card.  The other machine is a 4 month old Asus, 4.0Gz, 32GB of ram and 970X 4GB nvidia card.  Both show the problem routinely.  Since I mainly process only Phase files,
P45+, IQ160, 260 and 180, it may have something to do with that.  But I have seen a few times on D810 files not as often.  With Phase files, it's a given it will happen almost immediately.  I have also seen on my Surface pro machines, running win8 and 10, but it's not as common a problem, still happens at times. 

I tried turning off the Open CL for processing, also, but that did not help, left the Open CL on for display.

This issue for me is considerable as you no longer can run batch, as you will get errors during the run, and then go back, write down the files that failed and process them out one at a time. 

This is the 2nd major issue I have had with Capture One since Vr8.  Vr 8 had the terrible issue of locking up C1 if you minimized the program to the task bar, then tried to bring it back.  Phase agreed with me it was a bug and it was fixed in 9.   That bug was not as big a deal as I knew just don't minimize to the task bar.  This error is more troubling as for the amount of time it now takes to process out 50 to 100 files, as the batch is worthless due to the error and time it takes to reconcile the files that erred out.  I have never seen this type of problem all the way back to 3.7.8 days, and any previous version.

I also agree that it seems to be windows only related, as on my 2 Macbook Pro's with 9.1 BD and Pro, I don't see it at all. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 07:37:23 am »

I guess this error has taken the prize for me. Yesterday I rececived it 25 times in a row on an IQ. 100 file that I had just previously processed. It. Is a bit like playing Russian Roulette as you never know when it will crop up but when it does it is fatal. Full restart of C1 and on this last occurrence a full reboot of the PC.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up