Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tripod legs: RRS TVC-44 vs Gitzo GT5542LS  (Read 2600 times)

sesshin

• http://
tripod legs: RRS TVC-44 vs Gitzo GT5542LS
« on: January 20, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »

Ah the age old question, Gitzo vs Really Right Stuff. These are the two top 4-section legs from each manufacturer, and I can't decide between the two.

Does anyone have any opinions on the pros and cons of these two specific sets of legs? The head used will be the Cube, and will probably be 80/20 studio/location shooting.

sesshin

• http://
Re: tripod legs: RRS TVC-44 vs Gitzo GT5542LS
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 06:32:05 pm »

Oh, another thing, i do need a center column. The RRS Series 4 doesn't have a center column, but you can use the Series 3 column via adapter. The Gitzo Series 5 does have a center column that is much heavier, but also sturdier seeming.

dwswager

Re: tripod legs: RRS TVC-44 vs Gitzo GT5542LS
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:07:38 pm »

Ah the age old question, Gitzo vs Really Right Stuff. These are the two top 4-section legs from each manufacturer, and I can't decide between the two.

Does anyone have any opinions on the pros and cons of these two specific sets of legs? The head used will be the Cube, and will probably be 80/20 studio/location shooting.

I have the RRS 34L and like them alot.  When I was looking to replace my old metal tripod, most of what I read from former Gitzo users was the RRS 3 series performed about on par with the Gitzo 5 as far as stability even with thinner outer tube diameters.  Talk to RRS about using the adapter with 3 series column.  It might be a case of "it works, but you don't want to use it all the time."

Good Gitzo Vs RRS Review
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:28:29 pm by dwswager »
Pages: [1]   Go Up