Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 9.0.3 released  (Read 4501 times)

JimDK

• Capture One - Made by Phase One
Capture One 9.0.3 released
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:45:44 am »

Capture One 9.0.3 is now available for download!

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Download.aspx

Mac Functionality Bugs:

• Keyword library tool: fix keyword sorting (better handling of lowercase and uppercase
characters)
• Mask from color correction: make sure filled masks are properly saved after being
created
• LCC for IQ 100MP fixed
• Highlight recovery for A7RII fixed

Win Functionality Bugs:

• Keywords in keywords library are now sorted in a case insensitive way
• Fixed issue where adjustments made on masks from color selections do not always
stick once you restart Capture One
• Fixed local adjustments selection points sometimes missing
• Fixed applying LCC sometimes fails or sometimes wrongly disables the controls for
color cast, dust removal and uniform light
• Signature updated to use SHA256 - (certifcate changes mean you may experience
warning messages to the validly of the installer on first run)
• LCC for IQ 100MP fixed
Software Product Manager - Phase One A/S

sebbe

Re: Capture One 9.0.3 released
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:18:52 am »

What does that mean? Is it "highlight recovery in A7RII profile fixed"? Or something else?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:02:57 am »

What does that mean? Is it "highlight recovery in A7RII profile fixed"? Or something else?

Hi,

Apparently highlights were not recovered as intended when reducing exposure, or with the Highlights control. Sony applies several adjustments to the Raw data, and maybe the reverse engineering was improved, or a code bug fixed. I do not think it's a profiling issue, since that's been around for a bit longer. I can't check because I don't use an A7RII, but perhaps you can a new export and compare with an earlier rendering to TIFF that had partially clipped highlights.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:54:22 am »

I've just moved from C1 pro 8, to the latest version. I'm getting a notice under the Curve tool, which says "This tab requires a newer processing engine. The processing engine can be upgraded using the Base Characteristics tool." Does anyone have any idea what this is all about & what I need to do to sort it?

sebbe

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 11:25:33 am »

I've just moved from C1 pro 8, to the latest version. I'm getting a notice under the Curve tool, which says "This tab requires a newer processing engine. The processing engine can be upgraded using the Base Characteristics tool." Does anyone have any idea what this is all about & what I need to do to sort it?

go to the section, where you can choose the profile (Base Characteristics Tool). press upgrade. :)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 12:14:36 pm »

I've no idea where that is. The only place I can find anything about 'profile' in under View & 'proof profile'

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 12:29:28 pm »

Hi,

Usually is under Color -> Base Characteristics

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 12:39:05 pm »

Hi,

One of the new features for the version 9 processing engine, is the addition of luminosity controls (so  separate from chromaticity or R/G/B) to a number of tools. The curve tool is one of them with the added functionality. When you upgrade the processing engine (under Base Characteristics), the new functionality is activated.

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. I see the question was already answered when I got back to the computer to finish the reply. You can add the Base Characteristics by RightMouseButton clicking on a tool header.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

sebbe

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 01:49:26 pm »

Hi,

Apparently highlights were not recovered as intended when reducing exposure, or with the Highlights control. Sony applies several adjustments to the Raw data, and maybe the reverse engineering was improved, or a code bug fixed. I do not think it's a profiling issue, since that's been around for a bit longer. I can't check because I don't use an A7RII, but perhaps you can a new export and compare with an earlier rendering to TIFF that had partially clipped highlights.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart, I had a look. The look of the curves in C1 are slightly different in the before and after. it tend to be brighter now, except if you reduced brightness, then it stays the same but with richer colors. on the pictures itself, I can't see any differences. In the attachement you can see an adobeRGB jpg with the generic a7RII profile and my own profile. Both before (902) and after (903).

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 02:16:06 pm »

Thanks for the info re. updating the 'engine'. Seems that I have to do this for each & every image originally uploaded under v.8, but at least I've got it working now.

James R

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 04:36:17 pm »

You can update your whole catalog at once.  There may be a better way, but, in Library, I go to all images>ctrl A>Base Characteristics>Engine.  BTW. I put the Base Char... tool in my Library to save a step.

Malcolm Payne

sebbe

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 06:17:59 am »

You can update your whole catalog at once.  There may be a better way, but, in Library, I go to all images>ctrl A>Base Characteristics>Engine.  BTW. I put the Base Char... tool in my Library to save a step.

the engine is different between 8 and 9. So the same settings will give you a different look, when you update. Unless you don't want to re-process a picture, I would not update it.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 06:34:01 am »

Thanks Bart, I had a look. The look of the curves in C1 are slightly different in the before and after. it tend to be brighter now, except if you reduced brightness, then it stays the same but with richer colors. on the pictures itself, I can't see any differences. In the attachement you can see an adobeRGB jpg with the generic a7RII profile and my own profile. Both before (902) and after (903).

Hey Sebbe,

You have nicely exposed images so probably less likely to see a difference.

D
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

sebbe

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 07:18:41 am »

Hey Sebbe,

You have nicely exposed images so probably less likely to see a difference.

D

Thanks David
Is there a more detailed explanation about the before and after in that particular point? As I'm only using C1 for the A7RII, I don't know any differences in use to other cameras. So, I also don't know any issues with highlight recovery. Sometimes when I used the recovery at 100%, I got harsh edges toward the dark areas. In these situation I took a lower value (or went to PS with louminosity masks). Is it about that?

Seb
Pages: [1]   Go Up