Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speedlites and Controllers: Baffled  (Read 652 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Speedlites and Controllers: Baffled
« on: January 19, 2016, 05:57:10 pm »

So instead of using the big strobes all the time, I got myself 3 Speedlites for the Canon 5D2. I got the Canon 580EX2, a Metz58AF2, and a Young-something that is fully capable with ettl and hispeedsync-hss.

I also got 2 pairs of the Yongnuo YN-622C II HSS + TTL controllers that have lots of control as triggers.

So I place one of the transceiver's on the camera, then I so far tried the Canon, and the Metz on the camera(I prefer the Metz), and I place the 2 other flashes in the room. They are also on top of the other transceivers.

First off, I didn't realize I am forced to change the output setting and such in the camera. I guess thats OK for the flash connected to the camera, But now the other flash heads are taking on the same output. All being in M/manual mode.  After I change the other flash settings,  as soon as I depress the camera trigger, it all goes to the same setting I had selected on the camera.

I looked around in the settings and can't find how I can keep the other flash settings manually set. This is a major issue. What in the world is going on? What might I be doing wrong, or not doing?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Speedlites and Controllers: Baffled
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 10:10:17 pm »

Hello?....Is it me you're lookin' foooorrrrr?..aand I wonder where you are.......

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Speedlites and Controllers: Baffled
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:02:01 pm »

Looks like I figured it out...Its the ABC ratio setting within the camera.
Pages: [1]   Go Up