Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to the Canon Lens Panel for the Cambo Actus?  (Read 1609 times)

marc aurel

What happened to the Canon Lens Panel for the Cambo Actus?
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:21:59 am »

A long time ago Cambo announced a Canon EF lens panel for their Actus Camera with the ability to control the electronic aperture of Canon lenses. They postponed the introduction quarter by quarter since then. Now on the Cambo UK blog (https://cambouk.wordpress.com/) a photographer describes his experiences with the TS-E 24 on the Actus using a "manual mount". That seems to mean: without control of electronic aperture. You can only set aperture using a trick and not change it instantly. Does anybody with a closer connection to Cambo what is up? Should we give up hope to see this product?

BobDavid

Re: What happened to the Canon Lens Panel for the Cambo Actus?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:56:59 pm »

You may think about purchasing the Cambo Actar 24mm lens. It's image circle is approximately the same as the Canon 24mm TS. The Actar is sharp, free of CA, and exhibits virtually no linear distortion. I use it with an Olympus. Of course it's a manual focus lens--not a problem with focus peaking.

RobertJ

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 07:41:24 am »

Looks like he wasn't using that lens panel.

It's right here if you want it!: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1131847-REG/cambo_99070720_lensplate_with_canon_eos_lens.html

cosmindragomir

• cosmindragomir.info | architecture photography
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:41:56 pm »

they also have a "manual" mount with no electronic connectors ( ACB-CM ) . it's not displayed on their website , i don't know why. you cannot control the aperture like on the ACB-CA , it must be preset using an adaptor or a canon body , but it's a third of the price . i have it and it's very nicely built and very solid .
cosmindragomir.info | architecture photography

marc aurel

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 03:31:15 pm »

Looks like he wasn't using that lens panel.

It's right here if you want it!: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1131847-REG/cambo_99070720_lensplate_with_canon_eos_lens.html

Thanks for that link. But that still does not look like ready for shipment. They say shiptime 2-4 weeks which I suspect means that they don't know when they will get it. On the Cambo website they now say availability Q1/2016. So let's wait and see.

I am interested to try it out and see if the actus together with A7 series could be a good way to use Canon TS-Es and medium format lenses on the same platform with the ability to shift (without using the mirex adapters which are not too comfortable).
Pages: [1]   Go Up