Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have seen the LEAF, A75 that is  (Read 14103 times)

Randall

I have seen the LEAF, A75 that is
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 01:30:55 am »

Randall does this apply to <ac based processing or just PC?

I have only tested on PC, but I believe it has been changed for mac as well.

So the tip is to set noise reduction to 0?

Yes.  Phase has lowered the amount of noise reduction applied when the sliders are at zero, which results in improved detail.  I had requested that they go even further, and give us essentially a true zero, or noise reduction off functionality.  It sounds like that will be coming.

ustein

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 01:46:07 am »

We posted now an update by Charles Cramer:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/artofraw/raw_28/essay.html

Case closed :-)

Uwe
---------------------
[url=http://www.ou

RicAgu

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 07:00:52 pm »

Hey Randall,

Thanks for the reply.

What should banding supression be set at?  and the Color Noise Supressions tab should it be set at default?

Also, with sharpening what has been your experience in the setting?

Thanks,

R

I have only tested on PC, but I believe it has been changed for mac as well.
Yes.  Phase has lowered the amount of noise reduction applied when the sliders are at zero, which results in improved detail.  I had requested that they go even further, and give us essentially a true zero, or noise reduction off functionality.  It sounds like that will be coming.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64439\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

RobertJ

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 11:02:48 pm »

Sorry to be posting this in the medium format section, since I don't own a back and am using C1 LE at the moment, but I highly recommend going into File/Preferences/Processing Settings/ and checking the box that states "Use pre 3.7 Standard Color Noise Suppression."

I think this color noise suppression is MUCH better than the new suppression that you control with the slider.  Therefore, with this option checked, the slider doesn't affect any color noise suppression settings.  Just keep that box checked, and you'll get nice, fine grained noise, no color noise, and no weird artifacts in shadows from the suppression which I experienced using the slider, instead of pre 3.7 suppression.  Just my preference.

Randall

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 11:22:23 pm »

Hey Randall,

Thanks for the reply.

What should banding supression be set at?  and the Color Noise Supressions tab should it be set at default?

Also, with sharpening what has been your experience in the setting?

Thanks,

R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64526\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I leave the noise suppression sliders at full left, banding suppression at full left, pattern noise suppression unticked.  In preferences, I disable sharpening on output (If you wish, you can leave sharpening at 34/3 so you can work with a lightly sharpened file while in RAW, and still output an unsharpened file).

Randall
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up