Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P30 Data size  (Read 5827 times)

joerg_glaescher

P30 Data size
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:19:09 am »

Hey,

I was testing the P30 and p25 yesterday and..... I think the is now way around the p30. Wow what files, sharp etrem low noise at 800 ASA and easy to handle.
But I did forget to check out the file size on the different storage modi, High and Low.
Or how many pictures do I get on an 4 gb compact flash card. There is no info at the data sheet.
Phase on does support the extendet warranty with the 24 hours exchange world wide. Do you think its relieable, it will by 3000 € for 3 years.
I`m going to use the back on Hasselblad v System. Is it pposiible to modificat the back when I might switch to the H Symstem in some years???

Thanks for Help

Joerg

RolandBaker

• http://www.netexpresslabs.com
P30 Data size
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 09:39:54 am »

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for the report on the P30. It's nice to know the high ISO performance is good for those of us that do a lot of on sites shoots with natural light.

Have you considered buying the P30 in an H mount now? Then just buy a used H1 and a V to HC lens adapter. You can get a used H1 kit for $3500 + $1200 for an adapter. That includes and 80mm lens and a film back. You can sell the film back for $800 to pay for the adapter. Then you can use all your V lenses on the new H1. If your V lenses are CFE with the electronic interface then the adapter will support the electronic interface of the V lenses and communicate with the body. I think that is a good way to transition.
Best regards,
 Roland

joerg_glaescher

P30 Data size
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 10:48:35 am »

Hey Roland,

Thanks for the ideas,

Yes I was thinking to go for the h1, but i do love the v system so I wsill go for it. If you want I could send the some pictures I made from the phase one dealer witch 3 different ASA speeds.  just 3 close ups on 100% from her eyes.

Thanks for Help

RolandBaker

• http://www.netexpresslabs.com
P30 Data size
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 11:07:50 am »

I would love that! Thanks!
Best regards,
 Roland

NickWB

• http://www.nickwb.com
P30 Data size
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 07:37:42 am »

Hi Joerg,

The warranty on Phase backs is very worthwhile; in my experience (UK) dealers work extremely hard to provide backup, even to the point of driving backs to users in extreme circumstances.

P30 files are around 32Mb in IIQ large (which is lossless), IIQ small uses less space, but is only visually lossless.

Personally, I would agree with Roland; I tried V system, but found H lenses to be superior. If you buy a V series back, Phase will change it out for another camera fit (H series for instance), if you decided to change camera within the first year.

Best,

Nick.

heinrichvoelkel

P30 Data size
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 04:25:52 am »

Hey Roland,

Thanks for the ideas,

Yes I was thinking to go for the h1, but i do love the v system so I wsill go for it. If you want I could send the some pictures I made from the phase one dealer witch 3 different ASA speeds.  just 3 close ups on 100% from her eyes.

Thanks for Help
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63845\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Joerg, so you're testing already. Mmmhhh.

would you send me some of your testpics of the 800 iso and 400 iso performance in comparison to the 100 iso performance as well. Thanks in advance...

But why P30 and not a leaf back???

Regards Heinrich
Pages: [1]   Go Up