Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo Ultima 23  (Read 5843 times)

RolandBaker

• http://www.netexpresslabs.com
Cambo Ultima 23
« on: April 25, 2006, 10:24:34 am »

Any opinions on buying a used Cambo Ultima 23 view camera if the price is right? Verses buying a used Sinar, Linhof, Rollei X-Act2 6x9, etc? Is the Ultima 23 a decent view camera? Is it really up to the precision of say an Aptus 65 or 75 for focus or even Macro? My plan would be to use an Aptus 65 or 75 with a couple of Digitar or Sironar Digital lenses I already own. I already checked and my lenses will work with the Ultima 23. I just don't know if it is a solid investment. I'd be willing to spend more if I could get better results.
Best regards,
 Roland

dazzajl

Cambo Ultima 23
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 12:02:40 pm »

The Ultima is about as solid a platform as you are likely to find and I use mine with a Valeo back without any problems at all. They do have one weak area though and that is the swing mechanism. These can get very loose which makes shooting almost impossibe as you cannot keep the standard in one place.

This isn't a large problem to fix but it's not a problem you would want to inherit.

bjornaagedk

Cambo Ultima 23
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 12:11:21 pm »

Any opinions on buying a used Cambo Ultima 23 view camera if the price is right? Verses buying a used Sinar, Linhof, Rollei X-Act2 6x9, etc? Is the Ultima 23 a decent view camera? Is it really up to the precision of say an Aptus 65 or 75 for focus or even Macro? My plan would be to use an Aptus 65 or 75 with a couple of Digitar or Sironar Digital lenses I already own. I already checked and my lenses will work with the Ultima 23. I just don't know if it is a solid investment. I'd be willing to spend more if I could get better results.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Roland,

I just bought an Ultima23 a two months ago and I find it a very precise tool in any way. It is very solid built and all knobs are very precise to work with. No problem, it is absolutely worth the modest price.

Bjorn

RolandBaker

• http://www.netexpresslabs.com
Cambo Ultima 23
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 12:15:12 am »

Thanks!
Best regards,
 Roland
Pages: [1]   Go Up