Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-M1 firmware update - problems  (Read 1651 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
E-M1 firmware update - problems
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:26:53 am »

I am trying to use the Olympus Camera Updater and I can't get it to work. It says "unable to use this function on this camera." Any ideas?

nma

Re: E-M1 firmware update - problems
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:34:00 am »

Try Google on "unable to use this function on this camera"  This has been a known problem on iOS, windows not as much.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:06:51 am »

You need to update the updater and such.  There are a few replies on Google that explain how to fix the problem and there was a forum topic not too long ago that dealt with it.

Update the LiveView app to 3 then run the updater with that.  Don't ask me why but it works.  This is presuming the problem you are having is on a Mac with the latest OS
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:48:16 am »

I am on Win 7 but will try these suggestions. Thx.

Beerfueled

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 10:15:07 am »

I successfully updated my E-M1 firmware recently, but do recall seeing this message. I had the 12-40 PRO attached, and firmware updates were recognized for both the camera and the lens. After installing the camera update, I then tried to proceed with the lens firmware update, where I saw this error message. After disconnecting the camera, reconnecting, and restarting the Olympus Updater application, the lens was again recognized as having a FW update available, where I could then successfully run the update.

This was on Windows 7. "Storage" was the selected USB connection mode.

Be aware that in updating to firmware v. 4.0, you will lose all your custom E-M1 settings, including the date/time, file naming options, etc. But I think this update is very much worth the time you'll have to spend in getting the camera configured back to the way you want it.

-larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up