Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Suggestion - Split up "For Sale"  (Read 876 times)

BradSmith

Forum Suggestion - Split up "For Sale"
« on: December 31, 2015, 11:59:51 am »

I suggest that the team consider splitting the "For Sale" subforum because so many items are placed into the current single subforum it is actually difficult to scan.  Also, people looking for, say,  Nikon or Canon things probably aren't interested in wading through many, many medium and large format items and vice versa.I'd suggest at least 2, maybe 3 categories.    1. For Sale - Medium and Large Format    2.  For Sale - All Other Formats        or      1.  For Sale - Medium and Large Format   2.  For Sale - Other Cameras and Lenses    3.  For Sale - Other Equipment

If you did this, you might want to retain the old For Sale subforum for a while, in a closed status, for search/reference purposes.

Brad   

degrub

Re: Forum Suggestion - Split up "For Sale"
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:29:38 pm »

Or one could use the forum search funtion....
I do like the method fredmiranda adopted with the built in and custom filters for the "for sale" subforum.
That being said, this really isn't the purpose of the forum from what i understand. It was offered as support for the medium format community.

Frank.

BradSmith

Re: Forum Suggestion - Split up "For Sale"
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 04:11:41 pm »

I was going by the forum's title and stated purpose.   Then thinking about how to improve it.  And therefore, the forum's utility.  If its intent is for medium and large format, then I'd suggest they rename and re-describe it as such.  Based on what is posted in it, its use today is more broad.  I'm suggesting that splitting and renaming would help users.  And while your suggested use of the search function would certainly work for some searches, it wouldn't work so well for others.
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up