Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why doesn't CO...  (Read 1258 times)

James R

Why doesn't CO...
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:20:17 pm »

Cap One offers many ways to accomplish a task.  I prefer to set New Variant as Opt V, even though there at least 3 other ways to create a variant.  This leads me to my wish/complaint.  The Advance Search tool is easy to use and well situated on the screen; however, to filter for a star rating requires multiple mouse clicks--click to activate the tool, click to select the filter, and (what I hate most) click to close the tool.

I would like to see CO offer a filter tool that the user can add to the toolbar.  This would allow the selection of simple star or color filter with a single mouse click.  There is ample room on the tool bar for this function.  The Advance Search would then become something used for advanced searches... 

mgrayson

Re: Why doesn't CO...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 02:25:55 pm »

There is a 1-click filter for a star rating. There isn't for "at least n stars", and I wish that were available.

--Matt

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 02:39:39 pm »

There is a 1-click filter for a star rating. There isn't for "at least n stars", and I wish that were available.

Hi Matt,

There is. Just create a (or several) Smart Album(s), and it gets updated while you change ratings. Here's more info about searching and filtering.

Maybe this is also what James is looking for?
BTW, keyboard shortcuts can be adjusted in the preferences.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 03:09:42 pm »

I would like to see CO offer a filter tool that the user can add to the toolbar.  This would allow the selection of simple star or color filter with a single mouse click.

Does the Filters tool do what you need? Click in the black circle to the right of the count.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

James R

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 04:20:22 pm »

Probably didn't state my case clearly enough.  I'm aware of ways to access filters, including star and color.  I was looking for a one click method of changing filters without going into the Library or using the Advance Search method.  Just a one click and done.  BTW, this isn't a big deal to me, I just like to reduce clicks where it's possible. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up