Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: % Ink used VS Visual graph on Epson P800  (Read 1864 times)

Canonshooternb

% Ink used VS Visual graph on Epson P800
« on: December 21, 2015, 06:25:03 pm »

Good Evening

2 Questions

First I have an epson P800 and loving the quality.    Question I have is there a way to get a percentage of ink used instead of just a visual ?  I have been printing a fair bit and low ink warning snuck up on me.  Living in the eastern part of Canada Prices are high and there ink is not sold locally.

Second - Can I print until the printer refuses to print or will it continue and start to draw an air void into the empty line that is low

Thanks

Paul

howardm

Re: % Ink used VS Visual graph on Epson P800
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 06:51:35 pm »

on the 38xx series, you could get a percentage via the printer LCD panel through the status menu.

the printer will stop when the cartridge finally runs out and then re-start (picking up where it left off) when a new cart goes in.

the 'low ink' warning is really seen as 'order a new cart now' warning.  Just keep printing but have spares on-hand.

I've got an LC cart that has been flashing low ink for a while now and the printer says '2%' left.  I probably just jinxed myself.

Be aware that doing things like nozzle checks and maybe even a black swap will freeze the printer as it insists on having more ink.  you can always put the low cart back into the printer after.

Canonshooternb

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 09:18:12 pm »

Thank You,  I will see how many more 8x10's she has in her

howardm

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 10:38:37 pm »

if you're getting just the basic low ink blinkies, you'll still get a fair number of prints out of it.

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 10:40:28 am »

Second - Can I print until the printer refuses to print or will it continue and start to draw an air void into the empty line that is low

Yes, you can.  When it stops, the printer will prompt you to replace the cart that is empty.  Upon successfully replacing the cart printing will resume.  I've not seen anything in the print where I can detect where it stopped and then resumed.  The prints looks great.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up