Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help in choosing graphic card for Adobe CC  (Read 4558 times)

mokenny

Help in choosing graphic card for Adobe CC
« on: December 20, 2015, 05:32:18 pm »

I would appreciate help in choosing a graphic card for Adobe CC 2015. I have  a windows computer, OS 10, 64 bit, 16 GB RAM.  I currently have NVIDIA  Quadro 600, but I am unable to use filters like oil painting etc. I do not do video editing, I only need it for photo editing.
My budget is  about $250. Preferably NVIDIA card.

Thanks

Mo Kenny

AlterEgo

Re: Help in choosing graphic card for Adobe CC
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:22:33 pm »

I would appreciate help in choosing a graphic card for Adobe CC 2015. I have  a windows computer, OS 10, 64 bit, 16 GB RAM.  I currently have NVIDIA  Quadro 600, but I am unable to use filters like oil painting etc. I do not do video editing, I only need it for photo editing.

Thanks

Mo Kenny

<= USD$250 in USA will buy you a new GTX 960

buying a used card can get you up 1 tier (GTX 970 for example, or even GTX 780), but then who knows what condition that will be

mokenny

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:49:13 pm »

Thanks, I chose the GTX 960 and it is working great.
Do I need to re-calibrate the monitor ? I have a 27 inch CX Eizo with color navigator

Mo Kenny
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:52:56 pm by mokenny »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:07:20 am »

Do I need to re-calibrate the monitor ?

Hi Kenny,

Yes, most likely that is required. I once even noticed the difference after only updating the graphics drivers of one of my computers.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

sjprg

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 10:23:07 pm »

For those that use both a gt card and a quadro card for PS, do you find that one or the other works better for hires stills?
Paul

Utah

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 10:58:51 pm »

You might want to view the relative performance and price/performance of current video cards. Good info at PassMark website (www.passmark.com). Good hunting.

John Koerner

• "Fortune favors the bold." Virgil
    • John Koerner Photography
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 08:07:06 pm »

<= USD$250 in USA will buy you a new GTX 960

I am upgrading for the new season also, and just bought the GTX 960 ... and replaced my generic motherboard with an MSI Z97 GAMING 5 ATX Gaming Motherboard ... and put in 32GB of RAM.

Will receive this Friday ;D

Yahor Shumski

• My business
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 01:32:23 pm »

NVIDIA Quadro K620 is definitely worth a consideration.
It is not so charged as gaming cards but it works stable, reliable due to not only dedicated drivers but because developers really pay attention to workstation costumers.
I own the card for 1,5 year and very happy with the performance and stability. No any single issue in Adobe products so far.

Thanks

Mo Kenny
Adobe Certified Expert (Photoshop CC)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 11:55:06 am »

Do I need to re-calibrate the monitor ?

You most definitely need to recalibrate. Different graphics cards use different LUT (Look Up Tables) on which to base their colors -- especially true of brand to brand. Your color may be close, but if you want truly accurate, recalibrate.

AlterEgo

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 04:58:31 pm »

You most definitely need to recalibrate. Different graphics cards use different LUT (Look Up Tables) on which to base their colors -- especially true of brand to brand. Your color may be close, but if you want truly accurate, recalibrate.

if he has Eizo of that C* line and uses Eizo software then Eizo software shall write calibration into monitor hardware and build a display profile with linear curve in vcgt tag for gamma loader to put into the card (at least that is how NEC SpectraView does - Eizo must be the same)... so no need to recalibrate for a different graphics card as a reason... as a periodic recalibration - yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up