Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greasepencil..?  (Read 4284 times)

Henry Quartermaine

Greasepencil..?
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:56:20 am »

Before the medium format forum blood-bath over at RG's site, I was happily following the thread concerning the need for a simple, interactive web gallery app for photographers.  James, Mark et al came-up with some suggestions, and a chap named David began development of an application that had the working-title of "Greasepencil".  I saw an online version of it, and it was looking interesting.

It would be great to see this initiative discussed here, and I would be grateful to know of the project's progress.  Does anyone have any news?  

I'd love the discussion concerning Greasepencil / similar to be decanted to this forum.  I really am missing the buzz and candour of the old medium format haunt, and I believe it is important that we revitalise / transpose those erstwhile, yet incredibly-useful threads.  

Regards.

Henry Quartermaine

SeanBK

Greasepencil..?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:01:21 am »

I agree with you 100%. That was a very useful thread.

http://forums.robgalbraith.com/showflat.ph...=4&fpart=1&vc=1

This link is for everyone who did not follow or don't know what Henry is refering @. I too am looking forward to fruition of that very important & practical discussion. It would be wonderful, if that thread continued here.
  I do recall Dave Ringoen was working on "GreasePencil". But I do not know if it was finalised.
http://daveringoen.com/
  I will try to keep my fingures crossed, though may be after 2:00 today, if banned member are invited back. may be they can reboot the thread.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:02:52 am by SeanBK »

Dave Ringoen

Greasepencil..?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 12:01:27 am »

Hi Henry,
I stumbled across your post, and had to re-register here to get an account that could post. I last posted at Luminous Landscape in 2004.

Anyway, it's been a bit quiet on the GreasePencil front. I got a fair amount of feedback about the beta version at RG, as you probably read, and I am trying to come up with a way to simplify the usage, and guide people through an edit without them having to think about how GreasePencil works, and about what visual treatments will get this across. So, I have some coding ahead of me to further improve it and get it ready for prime time.

If you've got additional feedback for me, bring it on! Greasepencil is still demo-able at http://grease-pencil.com/

I haven't ponyed up for the RG/Pro Photo forum subscription, so if someone has, and there is activity on that thread, let me know about it. I did save out the RG thread before things switched over, so I have that if anyone wants a copy (A Mac Safari web archive, I think). I understand the old posts should still be viewable at the new location, but haven't figured out how to get there yet.

It would be great to see this initiative discussed here, and I would be grateful to know of the project's progress.  Does anyone have any news? 

I'd love the discussion concerning Greasepencil / similar to be decanted to this forum.  I really am missing the buzz and candour of the old medium format haunt, and I believe it is important that we revitalise / transpose those erstwhile, yet incredibly-useful threads. 

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63152\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

blink

Greasepencil..?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 07:56:22 pm »

Henry, thanks for starting this thread, and Dave, thanks for finding it!

Grease pencil is looking really good and my interest in it remains very high...I have some feedback for you, Dave, that I will get to you soon, but for now would it be possible for you to put a "contact" link on the Grease pencil site, as I looked high and low for you until I stumbled across this post.  I suspect that many other former RG'ers are looking for you as well.

Best regards,

blink

Dave Ringoen

Greasepencil..?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 09:47:34 am »

blink,
I've done as you've suggested, and added an email link to the Grease Pencil page. Click on my name at the bottom of the page.

Thanks!
Dave

I have some feedback for you, Dave, that I will get to you soon, but for now would it be possible for you to put a "contact" link on the Grease pencil site, as I looked high and low for you until I stumbled across this post.  I suspect that many other former RG'ers are looking for you as well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64740\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up