Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Trial Of C1V9 - Couple Of Newbie Questions  (Read 1159 times)

John Davis

Using Trial Of C1V9 - Couple Of Newbie Questions
« on: December 18, 2015, 03:17:04 pm »

Hi. I'm new here so please bear with me.
1. What is the easiest way to toggle between an edited image and the original for comparison purposes? In LR there was a comparison (side by side) tool.
2. When trying to import a .nef file on my iMac desktop the file is greyed out in the import dialog box. However, when a folder with that file in it is selected all is fine. Any reason a single file is not recognized?

Thanks!!!

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Using Trial Of C1V9 - Couple Of Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 04:11:51 pm »

Can't answer #2 but for #1 simply create a new variant (F7 key) and then you can put the modified image and the new unmodified variant on screen at the same time.

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 05:21:47 pm »

Not sure if this is your case but:
NEF file that were previously edited in Nikon Capture (NX) and saved as an NEF, have caused problems in C1.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 06:36:13 am »

Hi. I'm new here so please bear with me.
1. What is the easiest way to toggle between an edited image and the original for comparison purposes? In LR there was a comparison (side by side) tool.

Hi,

Capture One offers a number of ways to compare the before/after result.

The easiest is to create a clone variant (they will be identical views with all adjustments to that point included) and do your additional editing on one of the variants. You can then show them side-by-side or go forward and back to switch them in place.

You can also temporarily disable all the adjustments of an individual tool, while holding the Alt (on Windows) or Option (on Mac) key, by clicking the reset icon at the top right of the particular tool panel.

You can also temporarily reset a single slider control, by clicking on the name of the control.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:52:05 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up