Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Publish Services - can New Photo tag be changed?  (Read 769 times)

cortlander

Lightroom Publish Services - can New Photo tag be changed?
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:47:51 pm »

I exported my Lightroom 6.3 catalog to a new catalog on an external drive, in preparation to move to an iMac from Macbook Pro. Not absolutely necessary to create the catalog, but I wanted to clean up some of the clutter.

One of the features in the Library module that I use is 'Publish Services' with Smugmug plugin version 3.0. I have folders set up under Publish Services that correspond to those on Smugmug, and within each folder, smart collections that correspond to 'Galleries' under each Folder on Smugmug. This way, photos with a certain keyword and rating automatically get picked up by the smart collection, and makes it convenient for one click publish to Smugmug from LR. The plugin allows me to define Gallery settings from LR.

While exporting the old catalog, seems the smart collection definitions disappeared. So I had to recreated the collections. But now, LR marked everything in the re-created collections as 'New Photos' to be published. And when I publish to Smugmug, they do not replace the old ones - duplicates are created. I can delete the duplicates, but it is bit of work.

I was wondering if there is a way to selectively turn off the 'New Photos' tag in Lightroom's Publish Services, so that I do not have to dump everything again to Smugmug.

Thanks.
cortlander

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Lightroom Publish Services - can New Photo tag be changed?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 06:00:33 pm »

You'd be better off not creating the new catalogue. As you've found, Publish Service data remains in the catalogue and doesn't get included in Export as Catalog.

If not, can't you right click the photos and "mark as up to date"? I don't think it will work because there's no "remote ID", the link to Smugmug. If not, then there's no way.

cortlander

Re: Lightroom Publish Services - can New Photo tag be changed?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

You'd be better off not creating the new catalogue. As you've found, Publish Service data remains in the catalogue and doesn't get included in Export as Catalog.

If not, can't you right click the photos and "mark as up to date"? I don't think it will work because there's no "remote ID", the link to Smugmug. If not, then there's no way.

Thanks John. I will take your advice and go back to the old catalog - seems less painful. Unfortunately, there was no option to mark as update.

I appreciate your taking the time to save me from doing a lot of unnecessary work.

Best,
cortlander
cortlander
Pages: [1]   Go Up