Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest DXO & A7RII Support  (Read 692 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Latest DXO & A7RII Support
« on: December 06, 2015, 12:41:11 pm »

Hi folks:
 I have been using DXO Optics Pro since it first came out. I bought it for it's image correction (back then ACR, etc did not make automatic corrections for barrel/pincushion, C.A. etc distortions. I use several camera systems, including a Sony A900. I have a bunch of Minolta, Sony, Sony/Zeiss, Sigma, and Tamron lenses in "A" mount. When I visited DXO's web site to see if they are supporting the A7RII, (which I recently purchased, along with 35mm f2.8 Zeiss, 55mm f1.8 Zeiss, and 16~35mm Zeiss), I was AMAZED to see 6 pages of supported lenses. These included a ton of legacy Minolta lenses, Zeiss lenses, and third party lenses, many in "A" mount. My wonderful Sigma 12~24mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro, Zeiss 24~70 f2.8 "A" mount, Minolta 20mm f2.8, etc, etc, are supported! Bad news is I had to "upgrade" to version 10 DXO which cost $49. In my case worth it to get automatic lens correction using state of the art camera/sensor in the A7RII, with legacy glass!
 I have no financial interest in DXO.
 Dave in NJ

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Latest DXO & A7RII Support
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:52:35 pm »

Indeed, they have really upped their game these past months in terms of speed for supporting body/lens combo, and they are definitely aware about the fact that many people bought the a7 series cameras to get the opportunity to use legacy lenses.

I use DxO from time to time, but I feel that their colors are a bit less sexy that those generated by C1 Pro or Iridient.

Still, it remains an excellent converter.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up