Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northern NM & Southern CO  (Read 1727 times)

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Northern NM & Southern CO
« on: December 03, 2015, 12:59:05 pm »

My employer is based in Taos, NM and I telecommute from South/central Colorado. I make a few trips down a year and we just had our holiday party on Tuesday so I made a quick overnight trip with my family to attend. It's about a four hour drive but we took some diversions on the way home and I managed to snap a few photos along the way.

Here's Taos from the little camera
KS-2 & DA 40/2.8 Limited
IMGP4222-Edit.jpg by Matt Burt, on Flickr

Taos Gorge from the bridge
645D & A 45/2.8
IMGP0351-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr

Highway 285 near Ojo Caliente, NM
645D & A 200/4
IMGP0362 by Matt Burt, on Flickr

Sangre de Cristo range from near Antonito, Co
645D & A 200/4
IMGP0372-Edit-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr
Logged
-MattB

luxborealis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2809
    • luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Northern NM & Southern CO
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:21 pm »

Beautiful work, Matt.
Logged
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Northern NM & Southern CO
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 04:02:58 am »

Time very well spent! I love the last one.
Logged
Francois

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Northern NM & Southern CO
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:29:14 am »

Nice stuff, especially the last one.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Northern NM & Southern CO
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 10:04:29 am »

Thanks for the comments!
I felt like I was never in the perfect scene and light combination but then looking at the photos they came out better than I initially feared. Especially the gorge which was right around noon. Glad I stopped and shot even if it wasn't perfect. I still wish I had better light for the highway shot but he mission that day was to get home, not wait for the best light.
Logged
-MattB

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Northern NM & Southern CO
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 10:47:37 am »

Nice stuff, especially the last one.
+1.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

James Clark

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2347
Re: Northern NM & Southern CO
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 07:55:18 pm »

Thanks for the comments!
I felt like I was never in the perfect scene and light combination but then looking at the photos they came out better than I initially feared. Especially the gorge which was right around noon. Glad I stopped and shot even if it wasn't perfect. I still wish I had better light for the highway shot but he mission that day was to get home, not wait for the best light.

Love these shots - I have several similar attempts from what look like the same locations :)  The gorge is a bear to shoot.  The narrowness and the depth and the brightness of the light combine to make things...difficult.  Nicely done.
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Northern NM & Southern CO
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 03:48:23 pm »

Love these shots - I have several similar attempts from what look like the same locations :)  The gorge is a bear to shoot.  The narrowness and the depth and the brightness of the light combine to make things...difficult.  Nicely done.

Thanks! I have made many attempts before too. With mixed results. The 645D has an impressive dynamic range for pulling shadow detail back so that helped! I also blew out the sky a little but the B&W conversion helps there.
Logged
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up