Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Highres .ORI Raw support?  (Read 1636 times)

gebseng

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Highres .ORI Raw support?
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:51:48 am »

Hi everyone in the forum,

Is there any news if or when Capture One will support the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Highres .ORI 64MP RAWs?

best,

geb

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Highres .ORI Raw support?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 01:07:13 pm »

Is there any news if or when Capture One will support the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Highres .ORI 64MP RAWs?

Hi geb,

I have no idea, but it would be interesting. However, as far as I know, the Raw data storage is uncommon (multiple overlapping sets of Raw data), so it would probably take quite some reverse engineering to understand how it is stored. Then a new Raw conversion routine must be developed, and that for a relatively small number of potential buyers of the software for that specific camera. I think the chance of that happening will be slim.

But one can hope, because if they solve this, they can also use it on future multishot offerings that might come to market. Maybe we first need multiple (non-Medium format) camera brands that offer such multishot capability before it becomes worthwhile for Phase One, enough to invest resources in. Or for Phase One to come out with a multishot capable camera back ...

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:45:19 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

AlterEgo

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 01:59:17 pm »

best,

geb

does Adobe DNG converter convert that  .ORI to .DNG (linear ?) and what if you try to use that DNG in C1 v9 (not that is has somewhat improved DNG support)

Telecaster

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 02:11:41 pm »

PhotoRaw, on my iPad, supported the hi-res RAWs within a couple weeks of the E-M5ii's release.  :)

-Dave-

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »

PhotoRaw, on my iPad, supported the hi-res RAWs within a couple weeks of the E-M5ii's release.  :)

Hi Dave,

Good for you, but I don't see how that helps the OP's question. Besides, there is a difference between simply using a vendor's SDK (Like Adobe/Olympus did for Olympus to ACR conversions via a plugin, before Adobe added their own version of Raw conversion), or relatively superior demosaicing technology that Phase One seems to use under-the-hood.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up