Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR limitations with touchscreen  (Read 678 times)

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
LR limitations with touchscreen
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:13:02 pm »

I've just bought a Dell XPS 12 for travel.  It's a 2 in 1 with a screen that lifts off the keyboard at the back, and is propped up at a fixed angle if used with the keyboard.  I only got it yesterday so I'm starting to set it up.  I have little or no previous experience with touch anything as I don't have a cell phone.  I have a small android tablet that I only use for remote viewing and triggering my Sony bodies when lightpainting, but I have precious little touch interaction with that.

I just finished installing Lightroom CC and just to see how it works I added the contents of my most recent trip to Maine last week over Thanksgiving as a new catalog.  With it connected to the KB it's fine, but when I pulled the screen off the keyboard I can't seem to figure out how to select more than 1 image at a time (to see how fast this little thing merges 5 images in HDR).  To be clear I'm using full LR, not the mobile version.  I can pull up the virtual keyboard, and move it out of the way so that I can see the thumbs, but if I press shift to try to add a full selection, or just 1 at a time with cntrl to get all 5 the selection simply moves to the next thumb I press.  I've tried in both develop mode and Library mode.  Same issue.

The only way round this I've been able to figure out are to either flag or rate each image one at a time.  If I flag them I can select them all through the Edit menu (the KB shortcut won't work as I have no ALT key), or to filter them (say rate them all 1 star and filter for 1 stars only) then use ALT A to select them all.  Either way will be tedious when I want to do this with more than 1 HDR or Pano selection as I'll need to unflag the ones already done.  I can use alternative filters though (colours, different numbers etc).

I googled of course and only found 1 Utube video by Jared Hill a year ago who was reviewing a Surface Pro 3.  He had the same problem and no work around.

Is anyone using a 2 in 1 and knows how to do this, or is it a limitation?  If so is it LR or the way MS implemented the virtual KB?  Certainly with no ALT key there are a lot of shortcuts that are lost

Cheers

Edit : Changed word in title from "tablet" to "touchscreen"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:49:53 pm by mcbroomf »
Pages: [1]   Go Up