Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used To Be  (Read 487 times)

Todd Suttles

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 681
  • Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Used To Be
« on: November 29, 2015, 11:32:57 pm »

Any thoughts / comments on this one?
Logged
One Day At A Time

drmike

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
    • On Flickr:
Re: Used To Be
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 02:54:28 am »

It's obviously carefully taken as it's sharp where it needs to be and looks well exposed but I'm not sure what I'm meant to take away from the image. I don't believe it's a simple documentary shot as the composition deliberately includes more than you need for that. The colours work well enough, I'm not sure about that pipe stabbing the poor chap in the side, but that's the way it is and there's nothing much you can do about that. I'd say it's a very difficult subject to take a compelling image of, I know I wouldn't have tried.

It isn't that I don't like it more I just I don't understand the artistic intent and I'm pretty sure there is such an intent.

Mike
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9264
    • site
Re: Used To Be
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 03:29:44 am »

It conveys decay. I'd go to some effort to clone out the pipe, and I'd frame it a little more loosely top and bottom.

Jeremy
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up