Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1DMkII Incorrect exposure counter reading  (Read 2524 times)

dbk123

1DMkII Incorrect exposure counter reading
« on: April 15, 2006, 05:42:12 pm »

I have a 1D MKII and just noticed that when I insert either one of my 2GB CF cards, the number of remaining exposures shows 79 rather than 180 as it should (and used to) when set to raw format shooting. Also, the number of remaining exposures doesn't change when I change to jpeg shooting. Has anyone seen this? Is this anyway to reset the camera?

I tried upgrading to the latest firmware, but that didn't help and I doubt that the problem is with my card as both of my CF cards behave in the same way.

Thanks!

-DBK

Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 06:13:11 pm »

I have a 1D MKII and just noticed that when I insert either one of my 2GB CF cards, the number of remaining exposures shows 79 rather than 180 as it should (and used to) when set to raw format shooting. Also, the number of remaining exposures doesn't change when I change to jpeg shooting. Has anyone seen this? Is this anyway to reset the camera?

I tried upgrading to the latest firmware, but that didn't help and I doubt that the problem is with my card as both of my CF cards behave in the same way.

Thanks!

-DBK
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=62643\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How many frames have you shot with your 1D2?  Sounds like you're using Continuous Numbering and coming up on the magic 9,999 mark.

If so, you have to reset the frame counter.  Go to Menu, File Numbering, and M Reset (page 63 of the U.S. manual).

Hope this helps,

Paul
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 06:14:16 pm by PaulS »

dbk123

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 06:29:27 pm »

Thanks Paul!  You nailed it!  Whew...

-Dave

How many frames have you shot with your 1D2?  Sounds like you're using Continuous Numbering and coming up on the magic 9,999 mark.

If so, you have to reset the frame counter.  Go to Menu, File Numbering, and M Reset (page 63 of the U.S. manual).

Hope this helps,

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=62650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up