Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: splitting a large selects folder  (Read 1340 times)

alain

splitting a large selects folder
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:08:33 am »

Hi

I mostly work with one session where all my selects go to a selects folder in case I should need to go back to the raw files and adjustment settings.

This selects folder has become far to big.  I want to move the files (and all settings) to a few "selected files" folders.  Is it a good way to make some extra folders in the file system and then move the files inside c1 Library tool from the selects folder to the new created "system folder"?

Alain 

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Re: splitting a large selects folder
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 08:42:25 pm »

Are the images all from one "Session"? Sounds to me like you might want to consider a Catalog rather than Session.
Mike Guilbault

alain

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:29:36 am »

Are the images all from one "Session"? Sounds to me like you might want to consider a Catalog rather than Session.

For me that would make things only more rigid, I want to be as flexible as possible including storing on different computers.  This is an seldom used archive of processed raw files.  The results (processed files) are stored inside another DAM solution.

It's just that I want to know the  "best" way to split the physical directory into a few.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 12:58:18 am »

Hi,

One way to do it (I don't know if it is the best) is to create the additional "Selected files" folders inside the session folder (this is important so everything remains inside the session) using your computer file system. The next step is to add each of those "Selected files" folders to the "Session Favorites" in C1.

- Add also the original "Selected" Folder to the "Session Favorites"

- Now you can select the "Active" Selected files folder by right click (or equivalent) on the desired folder and select "Set as selects folder".

This will be the folder where an image will be moved to when you click Ctrl+J (or the shortcut you have to send images to the Selects folder). You can change this settings as often as you want, the only limitation is that there can be only one "Active" selects folder at a time (as far as I know). The Active Selects folder will have an icon with an arrow in the "Session Favorites"

- To move from one folder to another just drag and drop inside C1 from one folder to another or move to the Active Selects folder

- Do not move the photos outside of C1, because you might lose the corresponding adjustment folders

Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up