Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Membership & Video: Action not Cut!  (Read 7190 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Membership & Video: Action not Cut!
« on: November 23, 2015, 07:26:08 pm »

To add a few facts & a thought to the announcement of Lu-La becoming a membership site.

As you will have read, all of the Luminous Landscape videos will become accessible to members.

Those who have purchased a subscription to our videos in the past year and possess a subscription current as of December 1st, 2015, will get a specially extended membership. There will be a similar (but shorter) membership deal offered to those who have purchased individual videos in the past twelve months. Emails with details are being sent to all those customers affected. Those who have purchased videos will still have access to them as a member or not.

Video has been an essential part of Luminous Landscape from its beginnings. This will not change. But what needed to change was the financial model behind it.

Since the first Luminous Landscape Video Journal DVD was published in 2001, video availability has gone from being an Internet rarity to being ubiquitous. Videos went from being a very important revenue source for Lu-La to being revenue neutral - at best. Videos on virtually any subject can be found on YouTube and other sites for free. We cannot compete with that - and IMO would be foolish to try.

What we can do is continue to produce the most engaging and well-produced video of which we are capable - if - it is an attractive part of and is supported by, the membership model.

I am excited that membership will bring an enhanced ability to shoot & produce videos. If membership becomes widely accepted, we will have the revenue stream to expand what we offer.  ACTION!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:40:43 pm by Chris Sanderson »

OntKrut

Re: Membership & Video: Action not Cut!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 04:43:38 am »

I renewed my Luminous Landscape Annual Subscription on 9 November 2015 with a payment of USD 150. To date I have received no notice from Luminous Landscape on how I will be compensated for this payment. Plus, I currently have no access to the Luminous Landscape videos, for which I have paid dearly. When and how will this be resolved?

/Bill

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 07:10:51 am »

Bill, You should have received an email from us.  Chris will answer you directly.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 02:23:30 pm »

I renewed my Luminous Landscape Annual Subscription on 9 November 2015 with a payment of USD 150. To date I have received no notice from Luminous Landscape on how I will be compensated for this payment. Plus, I currently have no access to the Luminous Landscape videos, for which I have paid dearly. When and how will this be resolved?
Apologies, This should never have been billed by Platform Purple whom we abandoned 14 months ago. The charge was refunded as soon as I was alerted.

larrybrusso

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 04:05:56 pm »

I'm subscribed, but would still love to have the videos on my home media server. Is there any way to purchase videos and download them the way we did when the store was up?
Thanks Chris for continuing to provide great content.
I wonder if Michael really had a grasp for how many of us he influenced...

very best,
Larry

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 09:52:00 pm »

All videos are available for download via the 'Share' control bottom rightb of each video

A short FAQ on our video service can be found at:

<https://luminous-landscape.com/faqs/>

larrybrusso

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 11:23:37 am »

Thank you Chris.
Apologies for missing it in the faq, I did parse through it, but obviously didn't pay attention. I think my brain was scanning for store, and missed download. In any case, many thanks for getting me on the right track.

Best,
Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up