Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wave  (Read 3100 times)

Khurram

The Wave
« on: April 06, 2006, 02:18:41 pm »

I'm planning my holidays for the year and for the third straigh year, i'm heading to my favorite locations - the American Southwest.

Planning on going to the Tetons, Yellowstone, Southern Utah (Moab, Escalante), Page and Sedona.

Tentatively, i'm planning on 2 1/2 weeks from mid September onwards.  Ideally, I want to be in Tetons for peak fall colors (which i'm hoping will be between Sept 24-29).  

I'm also planning on trying to get a permit for the wave again.  My last two times were in May and October.  I would appreciate some advice whether September is a good month to go when there is a chance of getting reflections.  If not, what is the best time to go, if I want to get reflections.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

cmburns

The Wave
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 12:28:49 am »

I was there in mid august last year and there was a lot of water, you could barely walk around the edge without getting wet going by it. It was way more than I expected after the hike in very hot temps. But, it had rained hard the day before, in fact the road was flooded out so we had to walk several miles just to get to the usual parking area to start the hike. The rain is real hit or miss, one area will get a lot, another a few miles away nothing.
The bad thing was all the loose sand and twigs everywhere. It made me wonder if guys brought brooms out to tidy things up a bit before getting some of the pics i've seen.
Leave early and take lots of water. Because of the longer walk we got there later, and by the time I had rested up a little, and got my camera set up clouds were coming in from that days afternoon showers.
Oh and one more cool thing, in the water was some weird looking tadpole things. Another huge surprise considering how desolate a spot it is.

Khurram

The Wave
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:24:17 pm »

thanks for your your sharing your experinces at the wave.  I wish i could go in August.  But i'm going to be going on back to back to back business trips to Montreal, Edmonton and London from mid July to the end of August.  so right now, the earliest that I can probably get to arizona for my real vacation will be around mid September.

Last year I went to the wave at the start of October, and didn't get any rain, despite it being mainly overcast for most of trip.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog
Pages: [1]   Go Up