Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the best way to open a problem ticket for LR? IQ150 still not supported  (Read 2422 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

I am totally amazed that LR still does not open IQ150 files!!.  The camera has been out now for over 1 year and LR still can't see the files in the import dialog.  If you make a simple header change in the exif info to IQ250 LR will open them, but that is not what I want. 

I guess the total number of IQ150 sales in the US is very low?  as Adobe seems very capable of picking every other camera on the market for LR raw support.

I need to open a problem ticket for this, but wasn't sure of the correct path?  Is there an official website for this within Adobe?

Thanks
Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Simon Garrett

I am totally amazed that LR still does not open IQ150 files!!.  The camera has been out now for over 1 year and LR still can't see the files in the import dialog.  If you make a simple header change in the exif info to IQ250 LR will open them, but that is not what I want. 

I guess the total number of IQ150 sales in the US is very low?  as Adobe seems very capable of picking every other camera on the market for LR raw support.

I need to open a problem ticket for this, but wasn't sure of the correct path?  Is there an official website for this within Adobe?

Thanks
Paul C

Not sure you can post a "problem ticket" as Adobe won't regard it as a bug!  However, I'm sure you're not alone. 

Try posting at either or both of:

https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Thanks Simon, I will open a post.  All it takes is a header change, which is what I have been doing in the past from IQ150 to IQ250, so all LR has to do is just add the camera type as the sensor/color profiles would be identical.  Still amazes me that LR has not fixed this.  Again points to lack of acceptance of the IQ150 in the US I guess.  No push from users to Adobe to fix.

With a header change all is good.

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers

Paul, I have the same issue and I support your disappointment.

Would you mind explaining how to "make a simple header change in the exif info to IQ250", especially, at what point do you make the change and how? In CaptureOne?

Thank you
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Did you notice that this is a 4 year old thread?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:36:25 am by john beardsworth »

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield

What version of LR are you using?  This page shows support for the IQ 250 and what version(s) you need
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers

There is no problem opening IQ250 files in LR. The problem is only with opening IQ4-150 files and, apparently, there is a workaround which makes LR believe 4-150 files are IQ250 files and open them.

I'm trying to find the workaround.

Know this is an old thread but I've got two replies already!
Roger

What version of LR are you using?  This page shows support for the IQ 250 and what version(s) you need
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

john beardsworth

• My photography site

So precisely what version of LR are you using? Help > System Info, copy and paste the line.

Paul probably made the change using Exiftool.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:25:39 pm by john beardsworth »

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers

I am using Lightroom Classic version: 8.3.1 [ 201905241238-dcd7e2de ], which is pretty much the latest, I think.
R

So precisely what version of LR are you using? Help > System Info, copy and paste the line.

Paul probably made the change using Exiftool.
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Roger,

I totally missed your point earlier.  Sorry. I thought you were referring to the IQ4, not the IQ150, my mistake.

I thought that LR now supported the IQ150, but it's been so long since I checked.

If your version of LR does not, then all you have to do is exif edit the camera name from IQ150 to IQ250 or 350.  Color profiles are all the same as far as I can tell, same chip no differences.

If on a mac there is a great tool, I will have to go back later to get the name, but search Mac app store of exif, only works on Mac.

On win, there is exif tool, old code but still works has a batch also, but it's not as straight forward with a gui like the Mac software.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Jeff Magidson

• Artslides Digital Imaging

If on a mac there is a great tool, I will have to go back later to get the name, but search Mac app store of exif, only works on Mac.

On win, there is exif tool, old code but still works has a batch also, but it's not as straight forward with a gui like the Mac software.

Paul C

I'm looking for a good MAC app to do this too, would like to know what you used. I tried a few applications from the Mac App store but only ran in to problems.
~ Jeff Magidson
Custom Archival Printing
http://artslidesboston.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

App is called Exif Editor.  You can download from the App store on your Mac.  Works on High Sierra and Mojave. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers

Thank you for your help, Paul.
I was referring to the IQ4-150 files which LR does not support! But editing their EXIFs to refer to IQ250 or 350 should allow LR to work with IQ4-150 files, shouldn't it?
Roger

Roger,

I totally missed your point earlier.  Sorry. I thought you were referring to the IQ4, not the IQ150, my mistake.

I thought that LR now supported the IQ150, but it's been so long since I checked.

If your version of LR does not, then all you have to do is exif edit the camera name from IQ150 to IQ250 or 350.  Color profiles are all the same as far as I can tell, same chip no differences.

Paul C
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Hi Roger.

I personally don’t think that will work for IQ4. Too much customizable data that P1 has used. Same issue came up with the 3100 until Adobe made their less than stellar conversion. Based on their terrible conversion with the 3100 (low light = red noise) I would no hold much hope for an IQ4 conversion worth much.

C1 is best for now.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Problems processing IQ150 and IQ4-150 files in LR
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2019, 08:51:51 am »

Hi, Paul
Actually, now I have read things again, I realise I stuffed up entirely, I thought your original post was about IQ4-150 files but that can't have been the case, and wasn't, because your initial post was made about two years before the IQ4-150 back was announced!

So, to recap for posterity:

—If LR cannot read IQ150 files, LR can be tricked into doing so by changing the EXIF file to say they IQ250 or 350 files.

—LR can read IQ3-100 files without editing the EXIF but you say LR's conversion is terrible.

—LR cannot read IQ4-150 files. If you want to maintain LR as your complete database of your images including IQ4-150 files, one option would be to set the IQ4-150 back to save JPEGs to the SD card and import the JPEGs into LR. When you want to use an IQ4-150 file, you would use Capture One to convert the original IQ4-150 RAW file and process it in Capture One/Photoshop/LR, or whatever, to suit.

The message I am getting from you and others is that Capture One is the best choice to get the most out of IQ3-100 and IQ4-150 files (and possibly, all IQ files) because C1 is designed specifically to convert IQ files and IQ files are getting more options, such as, styles, which require a dedicated converter to recognise and process properly.

That's all a bit of a blow to me as I was beginning to think I knew how to use LR and I am baffled by C1's myriad of dials and panels, not to mention all the groups of options around the screen which are not identified in any of the material that I have read.

Another learning curve to master!
Roger

Hi Roger.

I personally don’t think that will work for IQ4. Too much customizable data that P1 has used. Same issue came up with the 3100 until Adobe made their less than stellar conversion. Based on their terrible conversion with the 3100 (low light = red noise) I would no hold much hope for an IQ4 conversion worth much.

C1 is best for now.

Paul C
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:54:01 pm by rogerxnz »
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers

I edited my previous post to note that, If you want to maintain LR as your complete database of your images including IQ4-150 files, one option would be to set the IQ4-150 back to save JPEGs to the SD card and import the JPEGs into LR. When you want to use an IQ4-150 file, you would use Capture One to convert the original IQ4-150 RAW file and process it in Capture One/Photoshop/LR, or whatever, to suit.
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up