Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn in Ontario  (Read 1545 times)

luxborealis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2810
    • luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Autumn in Ontario
« on: November 01, 2015, 08:49:58 am »

A spectacular autumn in many ways, but not much time this year to get out to enjoy it!

Here are a few...All were made with a D800E on a tripod and processed in LR 6.

First 3 - Made with the AS-F Nikkor 24-85 (sharp in the middle but severe distortion towards the corners)
Last - Tamron 70-200/2.8 (gorgeous lens!)

  • 572: 85mm; ƒ11 @ 1/3; ISO 200; EV-2/3 - Raining: could've/should've gone to ISO 400 for a faster shutter speed, and did in later shots, but this one has the better "feel" to it
  • 589: 24mm; ƒ16 @ 1/8; ISO 50; EV+1 - Small aperture and low ISO used to slow shutter speed to reduce wave movement
  • 596: 45mm; ƒ11 @ 1/30; ISO 100; EV+1/3 - For me, this "works" the best of the four and is perhaps the most "saleable",  but it has the "hand of man" in it, so it's not one I would print and frame
  • 603: 170mm; ƒ11 @ 1/160; ISO 100; EV 0
Logged
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Autumn in Ontario
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 05:52:24 am »

I love the first (572, A Splash of Red) one, the colors really pop and I like the combination of the reds and greens. The moss-covererd tree is also a welcome element. I'm not yet sure but I think that my favorite is the last one 603, Beaver Pond, Mist). I like this low contrast. Initially I thought that it was a monochrome image but after a couple of seconds, colors were revealed. The third image (596, On the Docks) is more classical. I like the quietness and relaxing mood. I'm less thrilled by the second one (589, Autumn Morning)… There's some distortion on the trees (left side). I guess that you pointed your camera to the sky to get the nice clouds. Anyway, it's just nit-picking and would be easy to correct if you feel it needs to be fixed.
Logged
Francois

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: Autumn in Ontario
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 02:05:59 pm »

I love the first (572, A Splash of Red) one, the colors really pop and I like the combination of the reds and greens.

Yes, this is one for the "finding a composition in a forest" folder.

Arlen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1733
Re: Autumn in Ontario
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 02:20:50 pm »

I think they are all well done, but the first and last are my favorites.
Logged

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Autumn in Ontario
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 03:52:32 am »

#2 is really a stand out.

KMRennie

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 989
Re: Autumn in Ontario
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 01:51:37 pm »

1 and 4 for me but I would be sorely tempted to take out the last tree on the right hand side.
Ken
Logged

luxborealis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2810
    • luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Autumn in Ontario
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 02:18:59 pm »

1 and 4 for me but I would be sorely tempted to take out the last tree on the right hand side.
Ken

I hear ya!
Logged
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up