Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida Autumn Scene  (Read 1214 times)

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Florida Autumn Scene
« on: October 29, 2015, 03:20:02 pm »

about 80 degrees and very still
Logged

Diego Pigozzo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 663
Re: Florida Autumn Scene
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 05:51:56 am »

It's quite interesting, how you used the warp tool: it gives a feeling that is both oniric and unsettling.
Logged
When I grow up I want to be a photographer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Re: Florida Autumn Scene
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »

It's quite interesting, how you used the warp tool: it gives a feeling that is both oniric and unsettling.

That's exactly what I intended! Thank you for looking at the picture. I sometimes wonder if a picture is too banal if it does not elicit a reaction--good, bad, or indifferent.
Logged

Diego Pigozzo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 663
Re: Florida Autumn Scene
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 05:58:54 pm »

That's exactly what I intended! Thank you for looking at the picture. I sometimes wonder if a picture is too banal if it does not elicit a reaction--good, bad, or indifferent.

Well, I think your photos are never banal, both because of their "photographic qualities" and because of the strong feeling of meaning they convey.

It's quite hard to look one of your photos and wonder whether they means something of not: they always scream meaning. :D
Maybe not a plain one, but they scream.

On this specific shot, many with the same intention would have gone much further that you with the wrap tools.
You, instead, used it in a "Monnalisa smile" way: just an hint but a not ignorable one.

Logged
When I grow up I want to be a photographer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Florida Autumn Scene
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 12:19:31 am »

You mean that wasn't a straight photo -- just like all of your others, Bob?    :D

I think Diego has said it just right. You never just show us a pretty picture.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Florida Autumn Scene
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 12:15:48 pm »

Were you smoking anything when you made that shot, Bob?
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Re: Florida Autumn Scene
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 12:54:47 pm »

Were you smoking anything when you made that shot, Bob?

I gave up tobacco and funny tobacco many decades ago. However, in my late teens, funny tobacco did factor into some of my pictures.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 01:34:51 pm by BobDavid »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up