Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 8 cannot batch process files  (Read 9035 times)

The View

Capture One 8 cannot batch process files
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:36:50 pm »

I just had to process ten files one by one, because each time I'd select 10 files in cop, it would only process 1.

There seems to be a serious bug in the processing part, because this is not the first time cop gives me trouble getting my files out.

What's the matter with batch processing?
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

one iota

Re: Capture One 8 cannot batch process files
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 12:31:20 am »

I haven't had that problem and can't duplicate it even processing to produce large tiff files .

Have you contacted Capture One support?
Mahn England

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 05:50:03 am »

I just had to process ten files one by one, because each time I'd select 10 files in cop, it would only process 1.

There seems to be a serious bug in the processing part, because this is not the first time cop gives me trouble getting my files out.

What's the matter with batch processing?

Edit>Edit All Selected Variants
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

The View

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:11:56 pm »

Batch delete doesn't work, either.

I just selected 49 images, command + delete, selected "move to trash"  - nothing happened.

No batch functions work.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:37:14 pm »

Batch delete doesn't work, either.

I just selected 49 images, command + delete, selected "move to trash"  - nothing happened.

No batch functions work.

Hi,

Windows 7/8/10? Mac OS? El Capitan?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

The View

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 03:52:44 pm »

OS X Yosemite (waiting another couple of months with El Capitan)

It worked last week. But now I cannot do anything batch.

Just updated to the latest release of cop8, but this didn't fix the issue.

I have submitted a support case, and will hear back from p1 in 24 hours.

• Capture One
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 04:13:57 pm »

OS X Yosemite (waiting another couple of months with El Capitan)

It worked last week. But now I cannot do anything batch.

Just updated to the latest release of cop8, but this didn't fix the issue.

I have submitted a support case, and will hear back from p1 in 24 hours.

Did you see my post above?
David Grover

The View

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 05:06:47 pm »

Yes, but I was trying to process or delete main files, not variants.

The View

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 05:07:33 pm »

Batch keywording does not work, either.

I can only apply one keyword at one image at the time. When I select more than one image, only one image gets the keyword.

The View

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 05:15:39 pm »

I already got a reply from Phase One - "edit all selected variants" obviously doesn't only mean "variants" (different processing of the same file) but also "files".

The definition of the tool should be changed to something like "turn off batch processing" then it's clear it applies to both variants and main/mother files.

Jeff Griffin

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 03:15:56 am »

" I already got a reply from Phase One - "edit all selected variants" obviously doesn't only mean "variants" (different processing of the same file) but also "files". "

Easy to misunderstand what a Variant is.
I also got confused by that particular terminology when I moved over to COP.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:24:25 am by Jeff Griffin »

• Capture One
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 03:56:29 am »

I already got a reply from Phase One - "edit all selected variants" obviously doesn't only mean "variants" (different processing of the same file) but also "files".

The definition of the tool should be changed to something like "turn off batch processing" then it's clear it applies to both variants and main/mother files.

That doesn't make sense because it does not only refer to batch processing.  i.e. Operations like resetting adjustments, rotations etc
David Grover

The View

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 10:53:33 pm »

That doesn't make sense because it does not only refer to batch processing.  i.e. Operations like resetting adjustments, rotations etc

I agree it doesn't make sense. The command is misleading.

But turning on "all selected variants" solved the problem.

Phase One is going against its own terminology by calling all files variants. A variant is an alternative adjustment to an existing file, and not an independent file.

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 05:06:53 pm »

I agree it doesn't make sense. The command is misleading.

But turning on "all selected variants" solved the problem.

Phase One is going against its own terminology by calling all files variants. A variant is an alternative adjustment to an existing file, and not an independent file.
That may be the case in your world, but Capture One has its own. In case you are interested, I made a tutorial exactly for these kind of occasions:

http://imagealchemist.net/variants-explained/

It has save many users countless hours understanding the basics of the program. Maybe it also helps you.

The View

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 08:41:47 pm »

I am again at a point where I cannot process files with c1.

This time it's about jpegs for a client gallery.

First attempt: the third of 178 images was mis-processed. I get a fractured jpeg you cannot open and the log "coul dnot process file"

Next attempt: not a single image could be processed.

Restart computer. Then, try again. After 66 files, the 67 was corrupted, and the processing stopped. After that, nothing possible.

I contacted apple about turning off open cl, but Applecare did not know how to do that.

So I'm fucked. A client is waiting for his gallery and I cannot deliver because my raw processor of fucking up time and again.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 09:29:08 pm »

I contacted apple about turning off open cl, but Applecare did not know how to do that.

[Capture One > Preferences > General > Open CL > Never]

Then restart Capture One for the change to take effect.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:32:26 pm by Doug Peterson »

The View

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 02:49:32 pm »

[Capture One > Preferences > General > Open CL > Never]

Then restart Capture One for the change to take effect.

Thank you, Doug.

This worked.

I turned it off for processing, not for display.

Does it mean when it's turned off for processing only that JUST EXPORTING does not use open CL? Or would other operations also be affected?

If it's on for "display" would mean that it's on for editing and I could see the changes of edits faster and without flicker, correct?

I talked to Apple to find out what's wrong with my graphics card, but they said that it must be something in the coding of C1 that doesn't connect well to the hardware, my retina MacBook Pro. What's your point on this? Applecare runs out in one month, so if something is wrong with my graphics card, I'd like to fix it now.

Thanks!

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 05:07:20 pm »

Thank you, Doug.

This worked.

I turned it off for processing, not for display.

Does it mean when it's turned off for processing only that JUST EXPORTING does not use open CL? Or would other operations also be affected?

If it's on for "display" would mean that it's on for editing and I could see the changes of edits faster and without flicker, correct?

I talked to Apple to find out what's wrong with my graphics card, but they said that it must be something in the coding of C1 that doesn't connect well to the hardware, my retina MacBook Pro. What's your point on this? Applecare runs out in one month, so if something is wrong with my graphics card, I'd like to fix it now.

You're correct about Display vs. Processing. Disabling OpenCL for Processing and leaving it on for Display does exactly what you'd think. OpenCL will not be used when outputting files to JPG/TIFF/PSD but will be used when making on screen adjustments.

If you're running 8.3.4 on OSX 10.10.5 with a Retina MacBookPro then I don't know why you'd be getting OpenCL bugs, as things are quite stable in these later builds. But a support case with PhaseOne.com or working with the dealer from whom you purchased the software is the best way to track down issues like this. If you're using an older version of C1, or an older OS (or the still-brand-new OSX10.11) that would explain things as they should be well matched to ensure the OpenCL drivers and code are copacetic with each other.

The View

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 04:28:24 pm »

You're correct about Display vs. Processing. Disabling OpenCL for Processing and leaving it on for Display does exactly what you'd think. OpenCL will not be used when outputting files to JPG/TIFF/PSD but will be used when making on screen adjustments.

If you're running 8.3.4 on OSX 10.10.5 with a Retina MacBookPro then I don't know why you'd be getting OpenCL bugs, as things are quite stable in these later builds. But a support case with PhaseOne.com or working with the dealer from whom you purchased the software is the best way to track down issues like this. If you're using an older version of C1, or an older OS (or the still-brand-new OSX10.11) that would explain things as they should be well matched to ensure the OpenCL drivers and code are copacetic with each other.

Thanks, Doug. I'm using the latest version of C1, Yosemite (waiting another couple of months with El Capitan).

Phase One support said that there are so many graphics cards they cannot get all the quirks out. As this only affects processing it really doesn't matter, as long as it works with adjustments, and it does.

I was a bit worried about my graphics card but it seems my card is fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up