Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Moon Over the Verde Valley  (Read 634 times)

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Full Moon Over the Verde Valley
« on: October 28, 2015, 08:01:56 pm »

I shot this two nights ago and in post, I am getting some very nasty mottling and banding in the sky. Particularly bad in sRGB @ JPEG quality of 60 (my usual) and noticeably, but not acceptably improved in AdobeRGB/100 quality. I did push the HSL sliders around in LR, but fairly modestly (nothing over 25). What you see is even with Topaz denoise at 0.5, which is high in my experience, and a 10 pixel Gaussian blur masked into the sky! I've gotta be missing something. I like the complementarity of the colors. Any help, much appreciated.

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Full Moon Over the Verde Valley
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:29:31 am »

Very interesting: If I open the jpeg in Win10 "Photos" I have the above referenced problem. If I open the same file in Win10 "Windows Photo Viewer" no worries, Bob's your uncle!

Problem solved.

sierraman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 418
Re: Full Moon Over the Verde Valley
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 03:00:52 pm »

I like the thought except to me the moon overwhelms the image. I think you have something here if you could tone down the size/brightness of the moon.  :)
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up