Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update to 8.3.4  (Read 1781 times)

christwo

Update to 8.3.4
« on: October 27, 2015, 01:31:31 pm »

Update available for Windows and Mac, bug fixes, support for El Capitan

Xavier_Joyce

Re: Update to 8.3.4
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:51:09 pm »

Doubtless it is just me, but I cannot see the reference to El Cap.

ario

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:02:40 am »

Doubtless it is just me, but I cannot see the reference to El Cap.
[/quote
Mac OS X 10.11

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 11:13:23 am »

We still recommend OSX 10.10 for a month or two longer.

The Phase One firmware updater and USB3 for some Phase One digital backs are not yet compatible in 10.11. Both of these should be addressed soon.

In general, unless you just like being on the bleeding edge, waiting for a month or two after the release of a new Operating System is just common sense. You drop your chances of having annoyances/problems from "decent chance" to "very little chance".

That said if you do enjoy the bleeding edge, must update to 10.11 for some specific reason, or have already updated to 10.11, then yes Capture One 8.3.4 (the software itself) now supports 10.11 El Capitan.

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 01:03:04 pm »

In general, unless you just like being on the bleeding edge, waiting for a month or two after the release of a new Operating System is just common sense. You drop your chances of having annoyances/problems from "decent chance" to "very little chance".

Meh. There are many enhancements in El Capitan, and the vast majority of software is ready on day 1. To expect users to wait 3-4 months for laggard software to support a new OS version is enterprise-think.

The pre-release versions of OS X are available to developers for 4 months prior to GM, so testing with these is always a good idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up