Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone 6s Fashion Portrait + BTS  (Read 3634 times)

sid_v

iPhone 6s Fashion Portrait + BTS
« on: October 18, 2015, 05:47:14 pm »

Hi guys,

So this was shot on an iPhone 6s:

Would you be able to tell if I hadn't mentioned ? :)

Here is the BTS video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVD-dIx0FVk

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: iPhone 6s Fashion Portrait + BTS
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 06:28:45 pm »

Hi Sid, Any camera can produce nice shots with well lit and carefully set up situation. As you have indeed shown.
Don't see why you would limit yourself to using an iPhone or similar when in a studio though? Which also goes against the first point you make that a camera phone isn't intimidating - unlike a full studio setup.
Or why you would use a tripod with an iPhone. If you are going to carry a tripod, you may as well carry a much better camera too as it is no more effort.

I have an iphone and it's ok for snaps, rather pants otherwise. Particularly if scene has a decent dynamic range [most in fact] where highlights go to pieces.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

sid_v

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 08:07:53 pm »

Hi jjj,

This shoot was aimed at folks who may have a fancy new phone, and don't own a Dslr or a digital back. I'm just showing how far one can push the phone camera with just a bit of affordable gear of ebay. Even in good directional natural light, this phone takes amazing portraits, which you can print sharp at 12x18inches. And if the internet is the final destination, you can't tell the difference in small size.

People use their phone to take snapshots, its perfectly fine. You should always use the best camera at your disposal. There are some photography lovers who take snapshots with Canon 5ds or even with PhaseOne. I chose the phone in the home made studio just to experiment, and it was a great experience.

sid_v

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 12:46:14 pm »

For those interested,

here is a 100% Crop:

and the full set on flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stylemypic/albums/72157659888136936

Malina DZ

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 10:16:58 pm »

Hello Sid. Great post. Fun experiment indeed and nice results for a cell phone. Shows how much the skill of a photographer and a retoucher matters in achieving an impressive artwork.
I doubt those snapping with cell phones would go that far in obtaining required accessories and the work in post processing to achieve what you have shown.
Those familiar with the craft would be better served with any 4/3 or APS-C size sensor camera with a kit lens at a fraction of the iphone6s' cost.

gbdz

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 10:31:01 am »

What you are showing here is that modeling, lighting, makeup and mastering the stuff at hand beats megapixels in taking and making beautiful pictures. This is a very important point. I mean, when was the last time that you missed a shot because your camera/lens was not up to the job?

I have had my iPhone 6+ for three weeks now. The camera makers should take a good look at its user interface.
Of course the pix from 5D III has more detail, the Sony APS A6000 also allows for more enlargement.
How good is good enough?
Your example shows that good enough can be small enough to fit in your pocket.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:35:31 pm by gbdz »
Pages: [1]   Go Up