Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7600 staining problem  (Read 2741 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
7600 staining problem
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:10:59 am »

I am printing 20x28 prints on 24x31 sheets an7600 using Moab Entrada 300g paper.  In the white areas outside the image area along the margins outside the image area black ink appears to be smudging or hitting the paper, along the 24 inch side, very close to the image edge(withing 1 inch). This almost always appears near the end of the printing

I cut the sheets myself from rolls and the paper has a curl, that i flatten out using my own "de-roller".

The epson manual is not helpfull. and my past experience in calling epson is that they will blame the paper, which is not an epson paper.   Is there some kind of cleaning I can do in addition to running a cleanng cycle?  How do I get into the printer to do that?

Anyone have a cure for this paper wasting frustration?

Mike Isenberg
mdiimaging.com

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
7600 staining problem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 10:30:45 am »

From other sources, I learned that there is a "paper configuration" menu in the epson driver window where you can change the paper thickness.  It was recommended to change it to thicker setting than the default of"3"--I tied "9" and the this changed seems to have fixed the staining problem.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up