Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help in choosing Eizo CX 271 or nec PA27  (Read 1150 times)

mokenny

help in choosing Eizo CX 271 or nec PA27
« on: October 13, 2015, 07:06:51 pm »

I am in the pocess of buying a new monitor, I am torn between the EIZO CSX 271 AND NEC PA27 W.
I would appreciate comments from anybody who has used either of these monitors.
Thanks
MoKenny.
If this has been addressed in a previous forum, I apologize, kindly point me in the right direction

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: help in choosing Eizo CX 271 or nec PA27
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:29:11 pm »

I am in the pocess of buying a new monitor, I am torn between the EIZO CSX 271 AND NEC PA27 W.
I would appreciate comments from anybody who has used either of these monitors.
Thanks
MoKenny.
If this has been addressed in a previous forum, I apologize, kindly point me in the right direction

MoKenny, I have used both - both are excellent. The difference really comes down to the software IMHO. I prefer the Eizo software - YMMV.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

elolaugesen

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 04:53:55 am »

does Eizo have a monitor similar to the cs271 but without the built in sensor?   (hopefully cheaper)

D Fosse

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 05:50:23 am »

does Eizo have a monitor similar to the cs271 but without the built in sensor?   (hopefully cheaper)

The choices are:

CG277 - top of the line, but you pay for features you may not need, mostly video related. Integrated full calibration sensor and colornavigator software. Hood.

CX271 - Stripped down version of the CG, but uses the same panel technologies and keeps the same standards. Has a built-in "maintenance" sensor that keeps your calibration targets, but you still need an external sensor for a full calibration/profiling. Comes in three editions where you decide if you want software, software + EX-2 sensor, or none of them.

CS270 - entry level coloredge. Same three edition choices as CX. Brilliant performance to price ratio, a bargain and recommended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up