Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNG Support  (Read 14206 times)

AlterEgo

Re: DNG Support
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2015, 10:20:06 am »

If native camera raw files were as equally accessible as say the JPEG the same camera creates from the raw
and they are ... the rest is your imagination.

AlterEgo

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2015, 10:23:56 am »

Yet for some unknown reason the camera manufacturers never get blamed for new file formats that Lightroom or whatever cannot support as camera that was released a while after  the software was released

and they shall not be blamed for that, because you are buying that camera with the full knowledge of that and they supply free raw converters...

, it's always Adobe's fault.

no, it is fault of somebody who buys a camera knowing that is not supported for his/her needs... vote with your dollar.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2015, 10:27:41 am »

and they shall not be blamed for that, because you are buying that camera with the full knowledge of that and they supply free raw converters...

no, it is fault of somebody who buys a camera knowing that is not supported for his/her needs... vote with your dollar.
I see why John has you on ignore, you post a lot of ignorant rubbish.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2015, 10:33:29 am »

so basically you insulted me here for no reason ?
No, with good reason. I was saying your sentence was poorly written, because it was.
Not meant as an insult as it happens, but as you've proven to be a remarkably clueless in your last few comment by ignoring any facts that contradicts your paranoid world view , feel free to take that this sentence and previous post as an insult.   ;D  Even though again they are simply descriptive of your behaviour.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »

I see why John has you on ignore, you post a lot of ignorant rubbish.
+1!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2015, 10:20:18 pm »

Just to say its time to sign off from participating in this thread. There has been nothing inspirational or informative to encourage further participation. Enjoy the rest of the evening.
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

jjj

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2015, 05:13:42 pm »

Just to say its time to sign off from participating in this thread. There has been nothing inspirational or informative to encourage further participation. Enjoy the rest of the evening.
Well you did start things off in the first reply by being contentious and talking about issues irrelevant to the question. So well done old chap.

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2015, 10:48:11 am »

Well, even though this thread has turned into a DNG flame war, I can't believe no one has mentioned the single most important compelling reason as to why I convert my non-native-DNG Canon cameras to DNG:

Image Data file verification!

It's why I've even converted my old jpg collection to dng.  And using the DNG verification feature in LR, it has already saved several files from disappearing forever, had they gone unnoticed through the backup chain.  I now make sure to always verify before doing backups.  It doesn't even take that long either.  Plus I get to rid them of their full-size JPG previews that I have no use of in the process, saving even more space.

It's the OTHER reasons that are political.  This one is not.
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

JaapD

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2015, 11:46:32 am »

You're not serious, right? Data file verification shall be done on every file format, no matter if it is an EXE, LIB, XLSX, DOCX, TIFF, or DNG. It should not be limited to any file extension.

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2015, 04:44:45 pm »

That's why I do wish it were done on all formats in LR - or Capture One (which I'm trying ATM) for that matter.  It would likely be so easy for them to do the hash on just the image data and store that in the catalog and/or XMP, but they don't as far as I know (maybe CO does?).  I'd rather not go through a bunch of hoops to do so manually.  Right now it's right there in LR for DNGs to do it easily and very quickly.

p.s.  Man..  The verifications to post to this site are just ridiculous, ain't it?!?  :D  I've never seen anything like it.  :o
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

jjj

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2015, 05:14:14 pm »

p.s.  Man..  The verifications to post to this site are just ridiculous, ain't it?!?  :D  I've never seen anything like it.  :o
Only when first joining. There's no problems with spambots and their ilk here though.
Just grumpy humans.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up