Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated to El Capitan, now IP9 won't print  (Read 2341 times)

ymc226

Updated to El Capitan, now IP9 won't print
« on: October 03, 2015, 04:55:42 pm »

I just updated to El Capitan this morning and tried to print from IP9.  I went on the website and performed the updater for the latest IP9 version as they are currently on IP10.  I also updated the latest driver software from Epson for Mac OS X 10.11. 

When I press the "print" button on IP9, I get the following error button: Couldn't connect to local print server.
Couldn't connect to 127.0.0.1

Is there a way to fix this issue?

howardm

Re: Updated to El Capitan, now IP9 won't print
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »

I dont know anything about using IP but I will tell you (if you're not aware), that 127.0.0.1 in internet addressing means 'this computer'.  So, IP appears to want to talk to some software (itself) on that computer.   A common client-server software architecture.  I assume that in larger/commercial installations, there is a central 'print server'.  Sounds like a config error.  Have you double-checked the documentation?

jed best

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 09:40:49 pm »

Color byte came out with IP 10 early because IP 9 and El Capitan are incompatible. Download IP 10 and you should have no problems. For those using the Epson P800, like me, it should be within a few days that Colorbyte has the driver and profiles ready. It was the same problem that things were ready but them Apple released El Capitan and they had to quickly make adjustments.

Hope this helps.

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 11:38:14 am »

Color byte came out with IP 10 early because IP 9 and El Capitan are incompatible. Download IP 10 and you should have no problems. For those using the Epson P800, like me, it should be within a few days that Colorbyte has the driver and profiles ready. It was the same problem that things were ready but them Apple released El Capitan and they had to quickly make adjustments.

Hope this helps.

I believe that ImagePrint 10 now supports the P800, at least that's what I read on another thread.  Of course, upgrading IP is never cheap, but if you love the software, it's hard to resist.  Personally, I am not an early adopter of new OSs.  I don't want to deal with the bugs, plus I have quite a few third party applications that may not be compatible right away.  Generally, I wait until the next version is nearly ready for release, which, given today's short product cycles, is not very long.

Rob

ymc226

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 11:49:41 am »

Thanks all.  I updated too quickly.  Usually, I wait a few months before updating the Mac OS X but for some reason just did it without a thought regarding software incompatibility. 

The IP website states that IP9 is incompatible with El Capitan so my mistake.  Luckily, I have an identical Mac Mini at work which I have not upgraded so I will switch them out.  What a pain as all my LR catalogs, presets and other plug ins will have to be copied over as well.  At least it saves me the 50% upgrade fee.

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 12:35:15 pm »

The IP website states that IP9 is incompatible with El Capitan so my mistake.  Luckily, I have an identical Mac Mini at work which I have not upgraded so I will switch them out.  What a pain as all my LR catalogs, presets and other plug ins will have to be copied over as well.  At least it saves me the 50% upgrade fee.
Whenever I read posts like yours, I am reminded of just one of the reasons why I do not use Lightroom--those damn catalogs.  Thanks.  :D

BTW, one of the big improvements in IP10 is output sharpening that is superb and can be applied to any print size.  There are other improvements as well, but if the price is too steep, IP9 is still a great program.

Rob
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:37:57 pm by robgo2 »

ymc226

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 03:09:05 pm »

Whenever I read posts like yours, I am reminded of just one of the reasons why I do not use Lightroom--those damn catalogs.  Thanks.  :D

BTW, one of the big improvements in IP10 is output sharpening that is superb and can be applied to any print size.  There are other improvements as well, but if the price is too steep, IP9 is still a great program.

Rob

Can I ask how important output sharpening is?  I'm not being a smart**.  I just started using some of the VSCO and RNI presents for slide films and feel that sharpening is not needed at all.  In fact, the anti-sharpening effect is what I like.  I just don't understand the difference between sharpening in LR in the Develop module compared to export sharpening.

Daniel В

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »

Can I ask how important output sharpening is?  I'm not being a smart**.  I just started using some of the VSCO and RNI presents for slide films and feel that sharpening is not needed at all.  In fact, the anti-sharpening effect is what I like.  I just don't understand the difference between sharpening in LR in the Develop module compared to export sharpening.

Sharpening on export applies to the resulting image which may be scaled down if you choose so.
While sharpening in the Develop module applies to the image of the original size.

If you don't like oversharpened images then RNI is what you need indeed.
Thay are not only the most accurate (at least for the films I know) but also do that analog anti-sharp for some of the films.
Pages: [1]   Go Up