Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fotga Lens Adapter  (Read 985 times)

Rendezvous

• Daniel Talbot Photo Blog
Fotga Lens Adapter
« on: September 30, 2015, 11:09:04 pm »

Hi everyone.
I'm considering purchasing a Sony A7Rii. At the moment I'm debating between buying Sony lenses to accompany it, or keeping my Canon lenses and using them with an adapter. I'm looking at purchasing from Auckland Camera, and the adapter they sell is the Fotga brand one. From what I can gather it will work ok with my lenses, but I do have a couple of questions.

1. What information is passed to the camera? When I get the file into Lightroom, will Lightroom know what lens I used to take the photo? If not, I will have to manually select a lens correction profile.
2. If I ask the same question, but pay more money for a Metabones adapter, will the answer change?

Lenses:
Canon 24-70 F4L IS
Canon 70-200 F4L IS

Thanks

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
Re: Fotga Lens Adapter
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:45:44 am »

I don't know about these specific adapters but I have dealt with Fotga adapters and now steer away from them, I have found their quality and fit to be poor, these might be better but I would inspect them very carefully. They are generally among the cheapest of the brands out there, these might be fine, but I would be very picky about them.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Herbc

Re: Fotga Lens Adapter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 12:49:02 pm »

Dunno about Fotga, but I have Fotodiox for Canon, works well with the 24 t/s, which is a manual focus.
I think others know about AF with Canon and adapters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up