Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1PRO 8.3.3: EXPORT Functionality to Override Matching Files  (Read 706 times)

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
C1PRO 8.3.3: EXPORT Functionality to Override Matching Files
« on: September 28, 2015, 04:38:46 pm »

Dear Fellow C1PRO 8.3.3. Users,

I recently started using the EXPORT functionality of C1PRO 8.3.3 and I found out that when matching files are found, C1PRO 8.3.3. does not override them, rather—creating duplicates with _1 appended to the end of the filenames. To go around this undesired effect, I would have to manually copy and paste. Copying and pasting via Windows 10 PRO will have the prompt to either override matching files or creating unique file names.

What do you think? Do you think EXPORT should just create unique files names—thus creating unwanted duplicates or do you want C1PRO 8.3.X to ask the user for options during the EXPORT.

NOTE:

The "EXPORT" is not to be confused with the export or processing module within C1PRO. The EXPORT mentioned in my thread refers to the EXPORT option when right-clicking on a file with the following option: originals or variant. If you agree with me, kindly log into your Phase One account and submit a vote towards Case #200181. This is where C1PRO 8.3.X will quickly check for files in the destination directory.

If the destination directory is empty, no further input is required from user.

If there are matching filenames in the destination directory, C1PRO 8.3.X will prompt user "Do you to override or create unique file names?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up