Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contemplation  (Read 1592 times)

chuckn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 296
Contemplation
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:33:19 pm »

Death Valley, winter 2015.

Chuck.
Logged

stamper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5882
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 03:36:07 am »

I like this. All the elements come together nicely and the processing is spot on.

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25164
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 05:01:55 am »

I usually don't like to comment on pictures because whether invited or not, it smacks to me of arrogance (the commenting).

However, I feel this shot is damned good and, for me, would be even better if the tonality was relieved by even a very tiny, but noticeable, area of pure white. You already have deep shadows to justify a very strong highlight which is otherwise lost.

This ain't forensics; even if no such area of white exists, you can always make one, and give what's pretty damned good already something to make it even more so. Trick is to know when to stop!

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:20:21 am by Rob C »
Logged

Diego Pigozzo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 663
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 07:23:32 am »

Really beautilful.
I'm not sure about the little stickes in the foreground, but beautiful nonetheless.
Logged
When I grow up I want to be a photographer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/

brandtb

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 972
    • http://www.brandtbolding.com
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 09:15:55 am »

Chuck....interesting, intriguing, great...I can't say this is the last word on its processing...but a wonderful image /B
Logged
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25164
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:04:31 am »

Really beautilful.
I'm not sure about the little stickes in the foreground, but beautiful nonetheless.


No sticks, no equilibrium.

Rob C

Diego Pigozzo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 663
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 10:22:02 am »


No sticks, no equilibrium.

Rob C

That's what I'm not sure about: without stick it looks less dynamic and yet more contemplative on the scene (instead of getting my attention grapped by the sticks).
But that's probably something happing to me only.
Logged
When I grow up I want to be a photographer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 12:55:04 pm »

I think the sticks would be a good candidate for Rob's pure white.

Lots of potential here, I say with full arrogance.   ;)
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25164
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 04:59:21 pm »

I think the sticks would be a good candidate for Rob's pure white.

Lots of potential here, I say with full arrogance.   ;)

Ah, Eric, but is your full arrogance as good as my exultant arrogance?

;-)

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 12:14:45 am »

Ah, Eric, but is your full arrogance as good as my exultant arrogance?

;-)

Rob C
Never, Rob. But I'm trying! (My wife sometimes says that I'm very trying.)

Eric
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25164
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 06:41:05 am »

Never, Rob. But I'm trying! (My wife sometimes says that I'm very trying.)

Eric


I'll try to think about that one over lunch, Eric. But it's wet today, and it was so dark when I got up that I thought the clock was wrong or, worse, I'd missed the bi-annual change they do; miss it every time. Cost of isolation, you see. It also means that twice a year I turn up for lunch at the wrong time.

I suppose I can live with that. Well, I think I have so far, in a way... hey, for a walking dead I'm not doin' so badly!

;-)

Rob
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:37:31 am by Rob C »
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25164
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 09:36:57 am »

Well, Eric, I did think, but I'm afraid your wife has trumped us both!

But that's okay: I always gave my wife the last word - easier than trying to fight a battle I knew I was bound to lose.

;-)

Rob

chuckn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 296
Re: Contemplation
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 10:12:52 am »

Thanks for the comments.

Chuck.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up