Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS for stiils?  (Read 1043 times)

vastphotostudio

• Vast Photography Studio
Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS for stiils?
« on: September 20, 2015, 01:41:39 am »

After watching Michael's quick review of shooting with the A7rII and the FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS I'm curious if anyone else has used this lens to shoot stills. I'm planning to pick up the A7rII and need a lens that would function as a replacement for my Canon 24-70 f2.8 L. While the Sony lens isn't an exact match in terms of speed or focal range, if the optical quality is good enough for serious stills work I could live with the differences.

Thanks.

bokehcambodia

• bokehcambodia
Re: Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS for stiils?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:37:07 am »

The fact that you can reframe/change focal length without re-focusing might be nice for people that shoot events, press, etc.?!
The lens is pretty large for stills work, though. But if you also like to shoot video it's a steal.
I saw some negative comments on B&H about this lens having issues with the lens mount being easily damaged, not sure if there are others with this problem.

vastphotostudio

• Vast Photography Studio
Re: Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS for stiils?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 10:47:40 am »

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind the size as it's smaller than my 70-200mm which it would replace to some degree. I'm more concerned that since the lens is designed for 4K video it won't make the best use of the 42 Mp sensor when shooting stills.
Pages: [1]   Go Up