Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Back For More  (Read 4652 times)

gabrielmoss

I'm Back For More
« on: March 20, 2006, 12:12:56 am »

this is of my friend. is the color right, what do you think of the saturation level? if this was your picture what would you do to it? i also attached the from the camera shot. is there anything you wouldn't have done?

Thanks so much for the last critique it was very helpful.

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
I'm Back For More
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 05:43:13 pm »

Thank you for posting your image.
I think your crop works really well, but I don't like the oversaturation of the reds at all, especially on her skin. It looks as if she has been severely sunburned, scalded, or sitting around a blazing fire for way too long. The oversaturation conflicts with the gentle mood of the image and in my opinion doesn't work.

I actually prefer the textures of the fabric and wallpaper, and the shapes of the curved arm of the chair, knee and breast. What about an black and white of this image?? Anyone far more skilled than I able to post that option?
Julie

Richowens

I'm Back For More
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 07:34:56 pm »

Something like this, Jule ?

[attachment=340:attachment]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:35:48 pm by Richowens »

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
I'm Back For More
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:18:00 pm »

Something like this, Jule ?
[attachment=340:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60727\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Rickowens...getting close to what I had imagined in my mind, but perhaps a little too extreme with the contrast. I think some of the detail and texture has been lost, as with a little softness that I think the image needs.

I have never done a B & W conversion before so this is my first effort using the good old greyscale and a bit of curves. It is nearly what I had in my mind, and all that I am capable of. Anyone please feel free to assist.
[attachment=341:attachment]

gabrielmoss

I'm Back For More
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 10:13:31 pm »

thank you for the input, i just learned some tricks so i went saturation and contrast crazy on that day. it sure looks better mutted and in BW.

Gabriel

Thank you for posting your image.
I think your crop works really well, but I don't like the oversaturation of the reds at all, especially on her skin. It looks as if she has been severely sunburned, scalded, or sitting around a blazing fire for way too long. The oversaturation conflicts with the gentle mood of the image and in my opinion doesn't work.

I actually prefer the textures of the fabric and wallpaper, and the shapes of the curved arm of the chair, knee and breast. What about an black and white of this image?? Anyone far more skilled than I able to post that option?
Julie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60722\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up