Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Exists....!  (Read 1283 times)

ajz

File Exists....!
« on: September 18, 2015, 04:15:33 pm »

Premise: My Catalog has a main folder  -let's call it CITY - which has a sub-folder titled Trash under it.  There are about 350 pic in the main CITY folder and about 32 in the "Trash" sub-folder under it. When I try to move the 32 pics into the CITY folder LR5 says "File already exists at the destination. (1)" and lists those files/pics.   Those pics exist in the CITY folder already - but if I trash any of those 32 pics in the sub-folder they also disappear out of the main folder - CITY. Unless - I go through each pic in the Trash sub-folder and give it a name different from the same image in the main folder, then it will import that pic into my main folder - CITY. The pics are ARW files and a few tiff's.

In my many thousands of folders/pics I have only this one folder that is bugging me and not quite sure how to properly resolve it and why it occurred. Everything is in one working LR5 Catalog - no other strange anomalies.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as the wine supply is running low!

thanks,

az

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: File Exists....!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 12:16:38 am »

There is a rarely occurring issue that might have caused this, more info in this tread: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_5_import_creates_phantom_folders

Before suggesting other steps, if you check outside of LR (Explorer or Finder, you have not specified OS), does the Trash folder exist and has the 32 pics you mention and those pictures are also in the CITY Folder?

Lustrous

Re: File Exists....!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 01:54:31 am »

I assume you are referring to the Folder Panel in Lightroom-
Is there a chance you have "Show photos in sub-folders"  turned on?
This option when 'on' means you see a master folder of images AND all the images that exist in Sub-folders, in the same Library Grid.
So dragging images from the grid to a sub-folder would indeed give this error.
Pages: [1]   Go Up